creaking suspension/wishbones

i have had my drivers side wishbone replaced 3 times in last year , due to a cracking/stretching noise , when i pull away , brake or go over a speed bump , the last one had a good bit of play in it , the new one , well its now worse than ever , the handling is fine , its just this noise , driving me crazy , any ideas ?

I had this on mine, I bet its the front AR bushes, I had exactly the same problem, I mine done at a skoda dealer before I joined here for under £200.00 but might be worth upgrading them as that seems to be a good mod according to they guys n girls on here.

If only I had known...DOH

I have a an ongoing wishbone problem. it the rear ones I keep having trouble with

The bushes just keep failing. I think it's down to the amount of 5hit roads I have to use daily and the speed humps.

So far I have tried two standard WB bushes either side(last about six months a time) powerflex poly bushes (which lasted a matter of days before popping out) Powerflexes free upgraded bushes (which lasted about a week before chewing themsleves inside out). I'm now on TT solid bushes which have been in since november and now showing signs of craking when the car is off the wheels so I reckon another 6 months tops and they will be due for the bin.

I may try the super pros next as they are the only ones I have not tried. If they last then jobs a good un, but if they pop then its TT ones for me after that.

I guess you could say I know a lot about bushes lol

Fatty5000, do you mean the rear trailing arm bushes or do oyu have the 4wd version? I only ask as mine is a bit creaky at the back and I haven't been able to work out why.

iep

No I mean the the front wishbone rear bushes. like these PF one's which popped out

19072008224-1.jpg

And these "uprated PF ones which dined on themselves. Fair play they looked like a winner bt alas it was not too be

09092008411-1.jpg

Creaking at the back could be your rear trailing arm like you say

would it be better to put poly type bushes on insted of standard ones then?

and thanks guys for your advice

Well not if they are PF ones, as these pic of mine are only 8 months old and as Lex Dysia states new design is not 100%,

SkodaVRSARBreplacement005.jpg

SkodaVRSARBreplacement009.jpg

I went for Audi TT ones.

SkodaVRSARBreplacement051.jpg

I also changed my wishbone bushes just this week. Popped in a pair of Audi TT bushes. Should be stronger stuff than the original vRS ones, well see how they hold up.

Also put some Leon Cupra bushes on the rear axle at the same time. Made the car feel a lot more refined and balanced. Mod well recommended.

I contemplated polyurethane bushes for a while, but since they seem to have relatively short lifespan, I decided to try original VAG parts.