Have you thought about a Re Map

I'm definitely thinking about remapping my car... Based on Mattcarter's comments on the improvement with the same engine as I have it definitely seems like the way to go. The only difficulty for me is finding someone reputable in the west of Ireland to do the job.

Has anyone an idea of what power/torque the 1.9 PD should be able to go to without compromising reliability - Most of the car's use is urban commuting during the week, with longer open road runs on the weekends, so better fuel economy for town and quicker overtaking on the open road are the aims.

I've heard a kit exists that allows the TDi engines to rev to 6000 rpm. Is there any benefit to doing this to a diesel?

Are any of the car's other electronics are likely to be affected by the remap - traction control for example?

I'm from the southern capital and Colin from Angel Tuning came down from the north and mapped my 07 octy 1.9 in january. Feels like a new car, 140bhp and an extra 60 of the torque stuff!! Fuel consumption is relatively the same . Would love to have changed for a VRS but my present 2 yr old octy was being laughed at by the dealers, so i'm going to drive the octy until she falls apart.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent :)...

Has anyone had problems with passing emissions on the MOT in the UK or the Irish NCT after a remap?

What insurers are good for remapped cars?

• 4 weeks later...
thats not a problem as they do DSG specific maps you just have tophonr them up

DSG's can take a higer amount of torque than what we give them credit for...

I have a Bluefin on the 105PD DSG - and its working fine....