YAIU (Yet Another ICE Upgrade ...)

garkov

Since my beloved Octy was broken into and had my sub & amp ripped out, I have a chance to get some nice shiny ICE. Currently I have a Panasonic MP3 HU (thankfully wasn't pinched). Thinking of getting the following:

JBL GTO-4000 (4x50W RMS) Amplifier (

I don't think the amp is up to the task for the bass side of things. Driving a 300wrms sub with 100wrms is not an ideal situation. See if you can strech a bit more on the sub front!

oh yeah, you forgot the sixbnines . . . ;)

Sounds good value, but a word of warning, I use a 90W per channel Kenwood to power subs quite similar to yours, and due to the lacking power of the amp, when the subs are told to go quite loud, I get a fair amount of distortion. To the point I'm now spending

I don't think the amp is up to the task for the bass side of things. Driving a 300wrms sub with 100wrms is not an ideal situation. See if you can strech a bit more on the sub front!

oh yeah' date=' you forgot the sixbnines . . . ;)[/quote']

Thought that might be the case with the sub.

Wasn't so bothered about 6x9's - I felt that the fronts were more important than the rears & didn't really want to start hacking/making parcel shelves etc. There's a deal on that site that includes some Infinity 9603i but not the 6500cs for

Sounds good value, but a word of warning, I use a 90W per channel Kenwood to power subs quite similar to yours, and due to the lacking power of the amp, when the subs are told to go quite loud, I get a fair amount of distortion. To the point I'm now spending

I think the less channels the better on an amp. (note "think" :D)

I'll soon be using one mono Rockford, per sub, and using a n other for the comps. Three amplifiers in the end. :rolleyes:

A decent 4 channel amp though should be good - 80W RMS is good for the comps and whatever two channels bridged gives should be OK for the sub too. :thumbup:

I think the less channels the better on an amp. (note "think" :D)

I'll soon be using one mono Rockford' date=' per sub, and using a n other for the comps. Three amplifiers in the end. :rolleyes:

A decent 4 channel amp though should be good - 80W RMS is good for the comps and whatever two channels bridged gives should be OK for the sub too. :thumbup:[/quote']

Thanks for the advice :thumbup:

Do you know anything about the brand Crunch? Slightly bothers me that I can't find a homepage for them and I don't really know who they are ...

I share your concern. :confused: If you hang fire a short while I may have a tasty rockford punch 60.2 up for grabs ;) Only 2 channel though.

I share your concern. :confused: If you hang fire a short while I may have a tasty rockford punch 60.2 up for grabs ;) Only 2 channel though.

Would defo rather go for a 4 channel and power everything off that (don't want to have to buy 2 ...). Might spend a little bit more and get the JBL GTO-75.4 - 4x104W RMS for