Bricked Columbus

Was doing a 904 software upgrade as many have done it successfully. When it comes to the gateway 10% and error 202 comes up. No matter how many times i try to upload software even 1024 the same error keeps coming up. Anyone ever come across this and resolve it? Anyone know where to get it repaired?

I'l swap ya for a MFD2 thats working...... with video in motion Mick !! :)

I'm not giving up on it yet, great unit:thumbup:. I can get it repaired for 100 euro including shipping back so not too bad :) A guy in Poland repairs them.

Phew! ...so are you gonna post the info in case anyone else is ever in the same boat?

Who? How did you find em? Links etc etc ...you could make it easier on the next person to brick one if you post the details! :)

Yeah, username Martin991. He has repaired one for a member in this thread:

Gateway error / new RNS 510 Mainboard - VWnavi.com

Mate i'll send you a copy of my 0904 disc as i know that works if you want or are you just gonna leave whatever firmware it comes with when fixed?

Carl:thumbup:

I tried the un modded 904 software you gave me the link to and that you used and i get the same error:O. I have heard that sometimes the first firmware 0522 ( or similiar) sometimes can bring them back so i was hoping to find that to try it.

If i send it to Poland i will get him to upload 904 and maxidot fix also, it seems he know's a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update. I sent the unit off to Poland and he recieved it within 4 days( normal post!). He now has the unit working. He told me somebody had been messing with it before, something about processor being unsoldered and soldered and something about decoding. Result is i will never be able to update software or it will brick again. He did manage to upload 1024 though.

Got my unit back today unbricked, would highly recommend this guy in Poland if you brick your MFD3, also cost very reasonable. His username on vwnavi is Martin991

• 7 months later...