Roomster 3 87W or 83W Tyres?

Does anyone know what tyres I should be buyer for my Roomy. Looked at local dealer and all the 3's have Bridgstone 300 87W tyres, cant find any advice in my service manual. Been on hold to Skoda customer service for 15 mins. Got car second hand with a few Michelin Pilots 83w and Sport Contact 3 83W which I think were all aftermarket tyres.

Does anyone know what tyres I should be buyer for my Roomy. Looked at local dealer and all the 3's have Bridgstone 300 87W tyres, cant find any advice in my service manual. Been on hold to Skoda customer service for 15 mins. Got car second hand with a few Michelin Pilots 83w and Sport Contact 3 83W which I think were all aftermarket tyres.

What size tyres are they? 15" or 16" wheels? It makes a difference to the load index.

I've checked our Roomster Scout 1.6 Tip (one year old with OE tyres), which has 205/45 16 83W Bridgestone ER300s.

Having checked a couple of on-line tyre retailers it appears that 205/45 16 come in 'regular' 83W or 'Extra Load' 87W. I'd suggest that either are fine for a Roomster, but that you ought to have a matched set (i.e. all 87W as you have); these will be better if you do a lot of loaded or spirited/fast driving.

Hope that helps.

I've checked our Roomster Scout 1.6 Tip (one year old with OE tyres), which has 205/45 16 83W Bridgestone ER300s.

Having checked a couple of on-line tyre retailers it appears that 205/45 16 come in 'regular' 83W or 'Extra Load' 87W. I'd suggest that either are fine for a Roomster, but that you ought to have a matched set (i.e. all 87W as you have); these will be better if you do a lot of loaded or spirited/fast driving.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, local Skoda gargage said it was supplied with 87W from factory so somewhere someones swapped all the tyres I guess as it only had 12500 miles on when I got it from Motorpoint. It had Continental, Michelin and Accelera all 83W.