My list of Refusal of an MOT Test Certificate

Ow my gawd. :rotz:

Out of the list of 14 things that need fixing, 9 of them are the brake pipes or the hoses on all but one that need doing .... might as well do `em all at once. :rofl: :eek: :(

Front Registration plate deteriorated. :rolleyes:

For some reason my nearside headlight is too low !!!

Offside rear wheel bearing feels rough when rotated ... easy to fix :thumbup:

Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide after 2nd fast idle excessive.

Exhaust emissions Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits.

I`ve got a week to sort these problems or I think i`m gonna scrap it ... :mad:

So fellow Felly owners, I know where to start, i`ll go and take the dog for a walk. Will be back later. :D

Your headlamp is probably low because the internal adjuster has decided to stop working. Easy fix, pop the adjuster "cable"/pipe out of the headlamp and wind out the stop on the end a few turns then refir and check aprox level compared to the other lamp keep doing this until they are about the same then use the fine adjusters on the lamp unit to finish off. saves trying to replace the whole internal adjuster mechanism!

Wahey !!! Thanks for all your replies. Walking the dog took a lot longer than I thought it would.

So my main concern is the brakes and emissions and will take a look at what Jorily has to offer as well as fleebay for the sensor, thanks anewman. I had look at my headlight and also found a neat thread on the subject last night with photos. MOT tester did say get a Bosch sensor and not an alternative sort of copy as they don`t work.

Brake pipes and hoses are going to be a headache for me. So I need to replace or scrape the rust off and somehow grease them up, well thats what i`ve found on here as a remedy and someones managed to get an MOT ... though maybe not in the UK. What would be the cost of doing the brakes or better to let a garage fix them???.

This is the deciding point at how am I gonna do this job outside my house on the road or just scrap the car. I`ll tot up what this is all gonna cost and make a decision.

I`m thinking out loud here and so i`ll have a brew and come on Pup it`s not raining outside. :rolleyes:

Cheers Circlip

None of that stuff is a reason to scrap it! Buy a roll of brake pipe and a load of unions and some brake fluid for about £10-£15, take off the old ones and take them to your local friendly garage to make them up for a drink! They aren't too bad to fit on the Felicia, unlike a lot of cars none of them require removal/lowering of the fuel tank for access.

The headlight just needs adjusting, you might end up disconnecting [permanantly] the crappy internal adjustment device. Easily sorted...and the MOT garage will probably set the aim for free, I certainly do that for my customers.

Wheel bearing is about a tenner, half hours work and a bit of grease!

Lambda sensor is easy, and make sure you give the old girl a good thrashing on the way for your retest!

Don't go giving up...keep the old Skodas going! :thumbup:

You can get a pipe flaring kit for about £20. With some practice you should be able to make up a decent flare with one of these kits.

Hmmm ...Thanks for the good advice guys.

There are those that confident on doing jobs on there Skodas and there are those who have not got a clue. I don`t have a garage, all my repairs are done on the road outside my house that is narrow and on a hill. (Last week doing a gaitor on the steering rack, I put my toolbox a foot away from my car so cars don`t run over me as they struggle to get past, it`s that sort of set-up for me :rofl: )

I have asked my brother to help but he is going away on holiday this weekend and so he`s very busy. I`ve asked friends in the trade that say get rid and don`t waste your money as it might not pass on the re-test. If I throw a couple of hundred quid at it and it does not pass then that could have gone to another car.

Its worth just selling some parts off it to others that might be useful. I have a bike to go to work on and hey it`s summer I can walk there.

It`s not over and out `cos I might find another Felly to replace this one.

ttfn Circlip