Timing belt interval please

Hi

Can someone please tell me what the timing belt change interval is please?

I'm looking at a car and they say 120,000 miles. I said i thought it was 60k or 4 years. Who is right?

Don't know for sure.

I know lummox said it's recommended for 100k however i will be getting mine done at the next service regardless as i have done 42k miles and my next service is due at around 52k (on variable)

Carl:thumbup:

I asked the same question at my local dealership the other day and they told me 95k miles. I've also heard 80k miles/4 years so as my next variable service is due at around 80k miles, think I'll get the belt changed then too......

When the mk1 vRS was first sold it was 120K miles, but soon revised down due to lots of failures. Somewhere around 80K/4 years is I think right for the mk2.

Checked out my owner's manual - it says 120k kilometers.

Asked my dealer - they say that timing belt should be checked at 90k kilometers and if needed - replaced, but normally at 120k kilometers.