Unbearable lightness of being

soren2

Hello, g'day and dobrý večer from Sydney.

I have been driving a Mitsubishi Magna V6 station wagon for about 10 years now but tomorrow I am picking up my new 2007 Octavia TDi 1Z (last in stock at the dealer, massive savings). Have I done the right thing?

I know next to nothing about cars (except what you learn while researching what car to buy) and bought the Skoda to have a European holiday every time I drive to work (and to remember the unbearable lightness of being. "I am thinking how happy I am".)

Really looking forward to tomorrow. Feel like a boy again.Glad to have found this place.

Cheers,

Soren

Gawd, you're a friendly lot! Thanks.

Picked it up this afternoon. I am not used to driving a manual car so I kangarood it about 3-4 times (small boys giggling in the back, wife grinning in the Mitsubishi behind). It is great, the boys like it. They keep saying: "Skoda! Love that car!"

The dealer said it does not need to be run in, just drive it. (True?) Or to be serviced at all before 15,000 kms or 1 year. Unless something starts rattling or lights up on the dashboard.

Sounds like a small truck (it's diesel). Love it.

• 3 weeks later...