1 member has voted

1. 1. Playstation 3 or XBOX 360

• Playstation 3
    • XBOX 360

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt the PS3 is leagues ahead. Better everything and its wireless!

Personal experience with both.

XBOX360 has been flogged on EBAY

PS3 still in front room and loved!!!

End of chat.. :rofl:

Gaming wise, both are pretty equal, both have plenty of good exclusives. The 360 has the online wrapped up, but it costs £30-40 a year, the PS3s online isn't bad, but you get what you pay for.

To be honest, the choice should be based around multimedia. If you care about Bluray, or streaming various media types around the house, get a PS3. If you just want to play games, buy a 360.

xbox everytime, more games, better online for games, more downloadable content, better games, games are actually HD unlike the PS3, consoles cheaper, games are cheaper. i have both(we actually have 2 360's in the house and a PS3 that i bought off of TomvRS) and the PS3 rarely gets used.

I have both, PS3 just collects the dust that the XBOX360 kicks around when i'm using it!

I use XBOX for Media centre, music & games.

PS3 is meant to be able to do the multimedia stuff, but i've found it either doesn't work or doesn't work nearly as well as the xbox option. Apart from Blueray ofcourse...

So if you put a gun to my head and told me to bin one - PS3 would be it, wouldn't take long to decide either...

MPM :D

XBox all the way

I had PS1 and PS" and loved them but switched to the the(cheaper) 360 and don't think i'd ever go back!

Never ever tried a PS3

Forza 3 is out in a few months!

Agreed it's gunna be the best game ever - just pre-ordered mine with Argos for £30! :thumbup:and gunna book the day off work! :D

I'm a little greedy and have both (i like both gran turismo series and forza series :o)...graphically the ps3 is superior but gameplay wise you can get just as good titles on xbox as you can ps3 - also wider choice of games on xbox due to it being out longer and i prefer xbox live to ps3 equivalent... so guess what i am saying is xbox wins for me at the moment.

I'll be in the minority camp and say PS3. I only have a PS3 and bought it because of the bonus blu-ray player, and the fact I had a PS2 and would rather avoid any associations with Microsoft where possible. A mate of mine is a games developer, and while he seems to use his X-Box more for gaming, it has also broken down and had to be returned about 4 times, whereas his PS3 hasn't had any issues. A lot of people seem to think the X-Box is better for gaming, but it did come out first and for this reason a lot of programmers seem to be more adept at designing games for it vs. the PS3. I think the PS3 will get better and better and eventually surpass the X-Box, but that's just my opinion. I'm not a huge gamer, but there isn't much I'd want to play that I can't get for the PS3 and the blu-ray player is a big bonus. A tough choice, but for gaming it is probably a no-lose situation.

If you want a great games console with bonus blu-ray player, get the PS3, if you want an unreliable piece of Microsoft rubbish, go for the X-box. ;)

Very pleased with my PS3.

There's plenty of games to keep me occupied , the blu ray player is great and the built in wireless networking makes it a very handy media centre as well.

If you price up an x-box 360 with a decent sized hard drive , wireless connection and a separate blu-ray player plus a couple of years of online play you'll find it's much more than a ps3.

If there's exclusive titles on the x-box that you *must* own then that obviously makes the decision easier but most people seem pleased with whichever one they buy.

Wireless is sh*ite anyway!

I agree, especially if you are more than a short distance from the router, in which case you may as well use a wired connection. I tried wireless streaming some HD clips on my laptop and the performance is truely poor. However my wired xbox360 performed faultlessly.

To play games on a 360, you dont need a HDD or to be online, so for just over £100 you can be playing games in glorious 1080P on your TV.

The 360 can also stream, music, photos, videos from any Windows PC as long as it has WMP11 or WMC installed. If you connect to a Vista based PC you can also use it as a full blown Media Centre. The upcoming release of NXE will allow you to watch Sky TV, have instant on full HD movie playback, Twitter, Last.FM and many more new functions.

You only need to pay to be online if you want to play other players worldwide, all the other online features are free. Live gold membership can be purchased for £25 for 13 months from the right places.

Edited by mannyo

Wow , with an argument like that , how could anyone possibly disagree.

Were you in the school debating team?

Well... it is!

It's prone to interference from anything and everything, with so many conflicting standards/security protocols. And it's slow.

Happy now? 1928.gif

To play games on a 360, you dont need a HDD or to be online, so for just over £100 you can be playing games in glorious 1080P on your TV.

True , though given that nearly every X-Box owner is going on about how great it is because of X-Box live , downloadable content and so on , that does seem to be missing out on a lot.

Well... it is!

It's prone to interference from anything and everything, with so many conflicting standards/security protocols. And it's slow.

Happy now? 1928.gif

Yep , you've shown you don't have a clue.

What is this "everything" that you think affects wireless signals?

There may be several security standards and protocols that have been developed , but they don't conflict with each other.

As for slow - an 802.11g network will give a maximum theoretical bandwidth of 54m/sec compared to 100m on a wired connection. You'll typically get about half of that speed in practice so it's not as quick as a wired LAN but is more than fast enough for typical home use , especially when it's on an internet link that's much slower.

I don't have any performance issues at all with my system and it's more convenient than a patch lead running through the house.

Edited by Dr Zoidberg

Never owned a PS3 but have used my mates a few times and I just can't get on with it. I'm not a real fan of the control pad and I think the userface is a bit rubbish, BUT I also think its because I own a Xbox 360 and its what I'm used to. I have never had any streaming problems with music, pics, movies (as its a microsoft media extender) so no complaints there. I have had the red rings of doom once and i got it exchanged by microsoft in 11 days. :thumbup:

I only ever play first and third person shooters so it was worth buying it alone for Gears of War 1 and 2. And dead Space, and bioshock, and mass effect, and fallout 3, and Resident evil 5, and rainbow 6 and and and and. (pretty sure you can get some of those on PS3)

Either way, they are both top end games machines and if you have never owned either, i'm sure you will be blown away. :D

I got a 360 purely on cost, and after having played on the PS3, I can say based on the controllers alone, I would rather have a 360. The PS's controllers give me cramp after longer periods, and their triggers suck. Plus they vibrated from launch.

Otherwise not much in it for me except for the costs.