help bad noise coming on boost

Guest westallc

Guest westallc

i have a really bad squeal coming from the turbo only started this afternoon any ideas is this the end of the turbo checked all hoses and they all seem fine..:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

th_100_3523.jpg

i know and i have to drive to castle coombe tomoz..:mad:

just on the phone to ina :D

forgot to say, no idea how fooked this is considered but mine was like it for a few weeks and i didn't drive it any different at all when it was making noise, i carried on like i had stolen it :D

Guest westallc
forgot to say, no idea how fooked this is considered but mine was like it for a few weeks and i didn't drive it any different at all when it was making noise, i carried on like i had stolen it :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl: payment made to ina;):D

Opps!

Manifold is a cast but seems better than the others on the market.

INA manifold,check out 034motorsport as i think it's that one.

Guest westallc

hey guys yep she well and truly blew this morning.....................

got up at 6 am cleaned car etc looking brilliant drive car just about to pull onto motorway and bang she let go big time....

limped car home and went in the spare cavalier lol

booked in with unit 18 to work there magic........

oh well life isnt always easy lol

Sorry to hear this mate....it's an awful feeling when they go...

I remember when my IHI let go it went with a metallic pop followed by a huge cloud of white smoke.....

I hope you get it up and runnning ASAP!

Steve:)

Guest westallc

cheers mate the strange thing was no smoke.....will take tip off in a mo and look at the internals i have a feeling it will be empty no veins lol

it went bang asr light came on tried to stall itself and 10 secs later drove fine apart from no power and a very very noisey turbo sounds like it was sucking the world through it wil no restriction i.e the internal have gone.....

hope to have it all fixed by friday:thumbup:

Guest westallc
That sounded nasty Clive, like a vacuum cleaner lol.

Why aren't you going the k04 route now, I know you always had it in mind?

no mate just need it running so a standard k03s will be going on i have future plans for the car but due to it happening out of the blue i hadnt budgeted for this so it will stay fairy standard;) for the time being...( it is my daily at the moment)

if it was at the right time i would have gone k04-23 but not at the moment.........+ i would like to do diff first so i can use the power it already has properly :thumbup:

stripped the turbo to have alook and one vein is completly bent over and 2 have chunks out of but all in all dont look to bad i would have thought i would have some boost but none atall!!!!!!????? and spins freely no movement on the shaft:confused: and no oil:confused:

I had this onmy Octy, an oil starved turbo resulted in a snaped spindle...he most ****ed turo id ever seen, and i used to change them daily at Mercedes for a living!

New turbo, flushed the intercooler and exhaust out to get rid if the oil, good as new! went like the clappers....god i miss her now! The looks on peoples faces when you blast past at 150mph! good times!