First Drive article in Auto Express (170 vRS)

I don't know why, but I'm thinking the FL vRS in yellow works better than the pre-facelift model.

Would you consider a yellow vRS and why? Discuss.

No, I wouldn't have the yellow one, to bright & garish for my tastes and it's just too bright if you have had a heavy night previously & are feeling a little sensitive to bright objects, not that I condone D/D!

My preference is either Race Blue or Anthracite Grey, the Blue I just love & the Grey just looks "the part".

I noticed the line about saving 15-20kg. How much of that is thanks to no spare wheel?

100% of it. "Skoda has managed". Yeah, great achievement lads.

I notice they superimposed UK plates and changed the drive to a RHD on the car! Why?

originals -

Imageshack - hpim1047.jpg

Imageshack - pic0468640x480qz6.jpg

I've gone for blue but I do like the look of the yellow, swmbo definitely said NO to yellow:rofl:

PS. I also ordered the full fat version with the added 15-20kg - (spare wheel!!!)

I notice they superimposed UK plates and changed the drive to a RHD on the car! Why?

Because it's AutoExpress and they'd rather do nonsense like that than actual journalism.

Saw this article yesterday.

Love the look of the FL VRS and am likeing yellow........ :thumbup:

Would I have one in Yellow? I'll say yes now, but if push came to shove I'd bottle it and go for silver :o

I don't know why, but I'm thinking the FL vRS in yellow works better than the pre-facelift model.

Strangely before I read down the thread to your post I thought that Yellow looked quite good on the facelift. The first time I saw an Octavia VRS , it was a Yellow one on show in Prague Airport around Xmas December 2005 and I remember thinking it was rather garish.

It's one of those fashion colours, like orange on Focus ST's and at the end of the day, a personal choice. I still think Race Blue works best on the VRS as a colour limited to the VRS variant.

I still can't help feeling that a Sprint Yellow VRS would be harder to shift when the time comes to sell, whereas on a Focus it makes it more desirable (mine was black BTW)

I noticed in the review though that would seem the "the gruff-sounding 2.0-litre diesel" actually "boasts impressive refinement" when installed in a Seat Leon FR ...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/234982/seat_leon_fr_20_tdi.html

In my book, the pre-FL model looks much more elegant than the current model.....don't know, somehow those big headlights look much more interchangable than the previous ones. And this goes for both RS and standard models.....

I noticed in the review though that would seem the "the gruff-sounding 2.0-litre diesel" actually "boasts impressive refinement" when installed in a Seat Leon FR ...

:rofl: and the week before that it was the same, with the same engine, when the Golf MkIV GTD went up against the A3, with the refinement going to the Golf on this occasion :rotz:

I've gone for blue but I do like the look of the yellow, swmbo definitely said NO to yellow:rofl:
I like it, would be very tempted with yellow, but swmbo would over ruke and force the blue.

I got talking to the driver of a black mk1 vRS last year - he told me he really wanted yellow, but didn't think swmbo would allow it

So what exactly have the swmbos got against yellow?

I'm getting a new car, I've got to give her some say to make her feel wanted! otherwise she'd be after spending the same amount of money on a caravan!!!

Good call! I'd rather drive around in a car covered in phlegm than waste money on a plastic box on wheels holding up the traffic!!! ;)

Im on my 2nd Yellow vRS, I also had a black one and a race blue one.

Its all dependant on if you want to stand out from the crowd or not.

Pros:-

• Never lose it in a car park!
  • Less likely to get stolen
  • SWMBO never wants to borrow it
  • Always a good talking point

Cons:-

• Stand out like a sore thumb if you do something Naughty!
  • People think your a Taxi if driving through Bournemouth
  • You suffer something similar to snow blindness when cleaning it!

Would I have another one? Well Yes, but only if I couldn't have white :D

3Yellows0.jpg

Good call! I'd rather drive around in a car covered in phlegm than waste money on a plastic box on wheels holding up the traffic!!! ;)

Actually it would be a static caravan, as I would never waste a cars energy, clutch, fuel pulling a box :D

Funny we should be discussing this as yellow was on my "oh yes please" list. SWMBO was up for it too but we went for the race blue one. There's a sprint yellow one near me and it always looks immaculate. I must get around to asking the owner how much time or money he spends on cleaning it. Think the next one will have to be a yellow 'un. That side view in AE seems to suit the facelift to me. They used to be quite keen on Skoda bashing too but that seems to have stopped in the last few years. Maybe it's not PC anymore...

Yes (and I bought one with my money).

Why ? (much of what follows is personal opinion, so pls don't take offence if you disagree).

I like bright colours (silver is as common as muck over here),

Bright yellow is a very safe colour on the road, particularly on dull days and if it is raining (silver, black and particularly grey can really "disappear" into the bitumen),

It is really easy to find in a car park,

It doesn't show the dirt from "dusty rain" like the Race Blue (our second choice),

Black needs to be cleaned too often or it looks daggy,

IMHO White wagons looked too much like a fridge (my last 7 or 8 vehicles have been white, so I did look at white vRS' first, but they just weren't for me),

We don't get many colour choices in Oz (only black, white, silver, red, blue and yellow),

Yellow seems to suit the vRS wagon somehow,

Resale value doesn't concern me (if it did I wouldn't have purchased a new Skoda, as they are very much a "fringe" brand in Oz so far),

SWMBO chose yellow (I chose the car, her only requirement was at least 4 doors, she was sick of the 2 door coupes we have had for the last 28 years).

One more good reason to buy a Yellow one - You witness many acts of physical violence as children hit eachother as you drive past! :rofl:

I also saw a Dad hit his son when he spotted me! Some people are so childish!! :D