Back to "practising" the Ring on GT4

devonutopia

Good old PS2. Only have the damn thing to be able to drive the Ring whenever I like, in whatever car I like. :thumbup:

Recently started getting back into practising the Ring, using a car which is vaguely comparable to mine - The BMW 120d, tuned to 220bhp but kept on stock suspension, tyres & transmission. With the trip in only 5 weeks or so, I figured it was about time.

So far managed to go a full lap in just over 8 minutes, and relatively cleanly too. Obviously I cannot state enough this IS NOT the way to learn the track, but it is very useful to be able to know what corners are coming, and how sharp they are. :)

I might try using a mk5 golf petrol next and see how that compares to the bimmer.

Edited by devonutopia

Are there any games for a PC with the circuit?

If I get all my braking bits by next weekend, I'll give you my PS2 to play with for a while. :D:thumbup: I don't really need all the practise. I just took a 220bhp Lupo around the full track on GT4 in under 8 minutes! Hardly realistic but it's a good indicator.

;)just over 8 minutes, that would be a nice thought.

my quickest around there is just under 9 minutes dont have exact times as i went off the dash clock, I pretty consistantly below 9:30 though. Unless anyone comes off and slows you down. I came off the track saturday to a backwards shortcut accross the grass at about the 15km mark where all the spectators are. felt like a right pr*ck, lol. Proper **** myself though.

I think GT4 would be handy to just know the lines of the corners though, ive only just started remembering where i am around there, and ive done a fair few laps around there now. its a shame you dont get the light steering after hitting bumps on the game, thatd make it interesting

I love taking cars i will never get to drive, let alone own round the the 'ring on GT4 but recently ive been driving round in using the MK1 Golf GTI which is more or less standard (think it has a filter and exhaust upgrade) or the Lupo 1.4 which is closest to my car but not for torque....