Buy one....can't even find one!!!!

I have been looking for a pre-reg (or at least not more than 12 months old) Superb. Black or red in elegance spec. DSG with 170bhp engine and cream leather interior. can a find one. Can I eck!!!!!

It is being said there are none in the country....unless of course someone knows differently. I wonder if all the BMW and Merc owners have discovered what us Skoda owners have known for years.

Any help or guidence would be most welcome.

Cheers

Roy and Val

I have been looking for a pre-reg (or at least not more than 12 months old) Superb. Black or red in elegance spec. DSG with 170bhp engine and cream leather interior. can a find one. Can I eck!!!!!

It is being said there are none in the country....unless of course someone knows differently. I wonder if all the BMW and Merc owners have discovered what us Skoda owners have known for years.

Any help or guidence would be most welcome.

Cheers

Roy and Val

Norman Fairweather in Dundee has a pre reg Elegance 170cr in red with dsg. (at least he did a few weeks ago). He does not show all his cars on his website, so best phone them.

My local dealer (Thomson and Potter) has a 170cr SE which I test drove twice and fell in love with/convinced me to order one.

Good luck

Again your help is very much appreciated, but all the cars have dark interiors and we require cream interior.

Thanks again

I think you are going to be a bit upset Roy when you see what they will offer you for your current Superb, probably your best route would be to try to private sell the Sup 1, and find a good dealer who will slash the screen for you, from what I've seen on AT the demo's and SH ones are as dear as getting a discounted brand new one, if the Sup 1 won't sell private, block it, even then I think you will get more than what the PX will be.

I think you are going to be a bit upset Roy when you see what they will offer you for your current Superb, probably your best route would be to try to private sell the Sup 1, and find a good dealer who will slash the screen for you, from what I've seen on AT the demo's and SH ones are as dear as getting a discounted brand new one, if the Sup 1 won't sell private, block it, even then I think you will get more than what the PX will be.

I have had various quotes ranging from 8500 to 9250 so I am prepared and to be honest it is worth what it is worth no amount of getting upset will change that, looking at the figures the depreciation is about £87.00 a week over two years. Can you explain what you mean by "block it"

Thanks

Try ringing Hobins in Manchester, they are not too far from you, I know they have a Mocca Brown with cream interior coming in soon its a 170 CR with DSG, speak to Alec Turnbull on 0161 708 9000 he is good chap.

I have had various quotes ranging from 8500 to 9250 so I am prepared and to be honest it is worth what it is worth no amount of getting upset will change that, looking at the figures the depreciation is about £87.00 a week over two years. Can you explain what you mean by "block it"

Thanks

The Superb2 Elegance is a great car compared to the old model in every respect but one. The seats look great but are not in the same comfort league as the old model. There are times when I regret letting my old Elegance go for that one reason. Find an Elegance with leather seats - any colour - and make sure your satisfied with the seats. Take a tape measure and compare the sizes of the squab, you'll be surprised at the differences - which you may or may not notice depending upon your size and driving style.

The Superb2 Elegance is a great car compared to the old model in every respect but one. The seats look great but are not in the same comfort league as the old model. There are times when I regret letting my old Elegance go for that one reason. Find an Elegance with leather seats - any colour - and make sure your satisfied with the seats. Take a tape measure and compare the sizes of the squab, you'll be surprised at the differences - which you may or may not notice depending upon your size and driving style.

I noticed that when I viewed the pre launch model, the seats are too small for the size of car the Sup 2 is.

@ Roy, if you've been offered over 9k in px that is quite a good offer tbh, the most expensive one that compares with yours I've seen at a reknown expensive dealer on the forecourt is up for £10995 iirc, allowing them profit margin and any potential repairs that might be needed a 9k+ offer is quite a good offer tbh, although it's still a heavy hit compared with new, so the block is out as it won't make that sort of money especially once the sellers fees are paid as well, if you look into the deal what they are probably offering you if they want full list for the new car is probably 6k for yours and a write down of 3k on the new car screen, personally I wouldn't jump on this, I think the old car looks better and has a more upmarket feel, on the plus side for the new one, the dsg will be more economic than an auto, and it'll probably ride the road nicer, if you do go for one get the solar roof as well, pay the extra as it makes the car a rare beast come sell time and there are ppl like me who still would love a sunroof to compliment the aircon.

I noticed that when I viewed the pre launch model, the seats are too small for the size of car the Sup 2 is.

@ Roy, if you've been offered over 9k in px that is quite a good offer tbh, the most expensive one that compares with yours I've seen at a reknown expensive dealer on the forecourt is up for £10995 iirc, allowing them profit margin and any potential repairs that might be needed a 9k+ offer is quite a good offer tbh, although it's still a heavy hit compared with new, so the block is out as it won't make that sort of money especially once the sellers fees are paid as well, if you look into the deal what they are probably offering you if they want full list for the new car is probably 6k for yours and a write down of 3k on the new car screen, personally I wouldn't jump on this, I think the old car looks better and has a more upmarket feel, on the plus side for the new one, the dsg will be more economic than an auto, and it'll probably ride the road nicer, if you do go for one get the solar roof as well, pay the extra as it makes the car a rare beast come sell time and there are ppl like me who still would love a sunroof to compliment the aircon.

It never fails to amaze me the kindness people show on this site, the trouble they go to to explain and give you the benefit of their knowledge........Thank you all very much.

Supurbia, I couldn't agree more with your comments, over the last few weeks we have looked at a number of cars...to many to list...but when we get back into ours we say the same thing after all the test drives. The Superb takes a lot of beating, thats why we have decided to replace it with another one, but I also take on board your comments re-the seats in the Superb 2. Thanks

but when we get back into ours we say the same thing after all the test drives. The Superb takes a lot of beating

Tell me about it, I nearly switched to a Passat Sport a few mths ago, but I found the ride like a go-kart, and the interior very cheap in it's execution, so I thought I'd look for something else, but hey ho there is nothing short of a Merc and that's outta my league, I've got real problems when this car has to go, I just cannot see anything that will make me say I've stepped up, the Insignia was favorite but has no room in the back, right now if it's not another Superb I guess a Mondeo will be the next under the microscope, or possibly the new Avensis, but whatever it is it will really have to be something special to beat this barge, and the funniest thing I thought I'd dropped a clanger when I 1st bought it, just shows how wrong you can be.