New Roomster owner (well in 10 days)

My ... ok, our... Roomster arrives on Sep 1: brand new 59 plate 1.9TD SE in the burgundy/maroon colour (on the scrappage scheme for my very VERY clapped out S reg Vectra 1.8). We didn't go for anything in the way of extras (partly because it was a 'this one's available, will it do) but I blame Top Gear for convincing 'er indoors we wanted the 1.9 :D

Can't wait.

Wife already has a very nice '55 1.9TD Octavia Estate she's just bought off work (it was her company car), and we have a good relationship with the local dealer (Wings of Peterborough), and with the 1.9 engine...

Piccies to follow, I guess :D

Ok. SLIGHT glitch in the plan :D

My Vectra decided to give up the ghost a week early, having blown its engine on the M11 last night - coolant leak, by the looks, but with no temperature warning or engine warning light.

It's now sitting forlornly outside the Skoda dealer's, waiting on my wife dropping the keys in. So it's bus to the station this week.

My Vectra decided to give up the ghost a week early, having blown its engine on the M11 last night - coolant leak, by the looks, but with no temperature warning or engine warning light.

It's now sitting forlornly outside the Skoda dealer's, waiting on my wife dropping the keys in. So it's bus to the station this week.

Hehehe , excellent timing you have there.

I know it would have ben nice to have had the use of it till the new car was ready , but at least it proves you were right to get rid of it. :D

Our dealer would loan a car until the new one arrives. I've done that on a few occasions when I've sold the old one privately to get a better discount. It might be worth asking!

As I have been reading this forum now and then for some years I thought this could be the time to write a note and introduce myself. I am norwegian but with no norwegian Skoda forums available, the briskoda are an excellent alternative. :)

Had a Fabia 1.4 mpi for 2,5 years now, but sold it and bought a Roomster Style (2?) 1.9 tdi two weeks ago. I am very happy with the car althought its a bit strange to exchange the 1.4 mpi engine with the bigger and more noisy 1.9 tdi. However, now I have no regrets going for the 1.9. Its a fantastic engine and driving up hills (and we have quite a few of them in Norway) is a charm. :D

And the best, no Audi have overtaken me in the Roomster. In the Fabia that happened all day long... :thumbup:

Hello and welcome, enjoy the roomster when it arrives, I'm in the thinking process of wheather to change my Fabia vRS for a roomster scout at the minute.

It's a popular transition :thumbup: