Part Number Please Anyone

Morning All.

The Octy gave it's first bit of bother on me ever last sunday !

DPF light illuminated on the dash telling me to do a Regen.

Did the regen @ 2100 RPM in 4th with it held on Cruise and was about 15 mins in when the Glow Plugs started flashing .

This was closely followed by the Engine Management light and a message saying to visit workshop , and then the worst of al....... Limp Mode :thumbdwn:

Anyway a quick phonce call revealed that it's an Exhaust Temp Sensor thats packed up on me and that no amount of regens will work !!

Apparantly this has to be replaced by a Newer Revised Temp Sensor

From what i was told it can be replaced easily and accessed from the engine bay just at the manifold.

Could anyone supply me with a Part Number Please for this NEWER revised version of the sensor.

By the way i'd say i'll still have to get a few light knocked of with Vag-com.

Depending on the price of this Sensor i may consider a total DPF delete on the car. I'l manufacture a replacement pipe that will hold all the sensors in place but i'l just bypass them on Vag-Com. I beleive there to be about 5 or so. Has anyone done this on their Pd 170 ? I would like to hear.

2006 BMN 2.0 TDI

Many Thanks For Viewing

Tom:)

If anyone can help and they require my chassis number, would they mind sending a quick PM .. Thanks

Edited by tom1362

I guess you could make your own, but I'd just get the Milltek one and save the hassle. Another option would be to remove the innards of the DPF from your standard downpipe and re-weld it, but I don't like that idea, because A) You've modified a valuable genuine DPF downpipe that you could potentially sell or re-fit for selling the car on and B) You've still got that restriction of the flattened kink in the pipe behind the DPF.

Also bear in mind the info in that thread is very old - pre-Siemens OBDII port mapping and pre 26E6.

Edited by wega3k

For anyone looking for this part number for the revised sensor it is 076 906 051A Exhaust Temp Sensor

Should the part number of the origional sensor 03G906051A be entered by the parts dept. into the computer, this will be automatically superceeded by the newer revised part number.

Skoda Ireland have been very good and said that they will replace the sensor & software update FOC due to the fact that there is a Safety Bulletin on this issue.

When this is completed I'm cutting out the DPF and replacing it with a straight through pipr that will accomodate the sensors.

[ATTACH]30221[/ATTACH]

I don't have time at the minute so i'm going to get it fixed .

I'll have it in such a way as i will be able to switch back to the OEM if needed with the use of a coller

Edited by tom1362