Stuck far from home:p

JCW

Thanks to the genius of computer people i am able to get online through a tiny usb stick on a dodgy road in between muddy fields lol

Im about 80miles from home. With the closest garage 20miles away and the closest skoda garage bout 50miles.

Came out of a junction put the power down (slightly) then a big pop noise. No power (well very little). Exhaust managment light came on and its now making a weird crackling noise as if your on a dodgy radio station.

Anyone have any idea what the hell this could be. Local skoda dealer dosnt have a clue and im kinda afraid to drive on. Noise sounds like its comming from around the turbo or below. Its hard to put a finger on it. All the hoses and clips seem to be ok so its not any of the connections to the turbo from what i can see.

Any advice would be great:D

I'v managed to tinker along down the road abit to the near Seat garage. £65 just to put it on the ramp before any labour charges after that. Rip off but im not mechanically minded enough to go it alone. I had a look about at the road side and so far iv identified the turbo, sum pipes and the water bottle so i think its best to let the "pro's" have a look

Must be an oil leak into the exhaust cuz theres f**k all oil in it. If this an easy fix or a complicated bugger? Im going to run down to the local petrol station (by foot) and grab some oil so i can slowly wheel it to the seat garage (only 1 mile away now)

I was afraid of that; I have a horrible feeling you've blown the exhaust turbibe oil seals. If that's the case you'll need about 5l of oil just to get to the Seat garage, and you can guess what the repair involves!

I was afraid of that; I have a horrible feeling you've blown the exhaust turbibe oil seals. If that's the case you'll need about 5l of oil just to get to the Seat garage, and you can guess what the repair involves!

Lots of pennies? lol

so what did you end up doing

Ended up getting it down to the garage. Didnt exactly go that well. I dont understand all the mechanical mumbo jumbo but basically sum valve thing broke in the turbo which lead to an oil leak in the exhaust and there for need a new turbo apparently. Even though i just got a new one 5 months ago:confused:

£1400 fitted. To be honest my car is causing to many problems. I just want to get a cheap replacment and then move onto something else.

Maybe a daihatsu copen. Seen one at the Seat dealers today. Looks to be quite a nice wee motor. leather seats, heated seats, cd, electric windows, spoiler, alloys, air con, electric roof all for £10k.

£1400 fitted. To be honest my car is causing to many problems. I just want to get a cheap replacment and then move onto something else.

Maybe a daihatsu copen. Seen one at the Seat dealers today. Looks to be quite a nice wee motor. leather seats, heated seats, cd, electric windows, spoiler, alloys, air con, electric roof all for £10k.

I would love to fit in a copen.

Tried to get in one a while back and had to crawl out on my hands and knees.

Same for a Smart Roadster had to get the missus to pull me out the door in front of the sales man.

Now if they made a Superb vRS I would be ok

if you fitted a turbo 5 month ago, does it not have any kind of warranty ?

Thats for the skoda dealer to decide tomorrow when i phone them lol Biggest problem i fear is that i havnt kept my fsh up to date. I was getting it done by a local garage (unfortunatly not authorised to stamp skoda services) so i think they'll refuse due to that

Thats for the skoda dealer to decide tomorrow when i phone them lol Biggest problem i fear is that i havnt kept my fsh up to date. I was getting it done by a local garage (unfortunatly not authorised to stamp skoda services) so i think they'll refuse due to that

If the garage is vat registered then you are ok.

Sometime in the last few years, circa '06 I think. Legislation was passed about warranties and guarantees.

Not sure of it all off the top of my head, but it basically came down to the car companies were forcing terms and conditons on people and that wasn't on. So as long as it's a vat registered garage you can use it.