overboosting VRS !!!!!!!!! Could a remap solve this ?need help

hi have takem my 2005 fabia vrs to garage as is overboosting. they have done alll the tests and say sensors and waste gate are all in full working order. however they have sugested that a remap could cure this as it has done on pervious cars. yhey will map it fo 200 quid what do yu guys think??:thumbup:or :thumbdwn:

Never map a car that has an inherent mechanical problem! Fix it first, and then map it!

:+1:

As a remap generally removes / lowers the tolerances that the manufacturer builds into the car a slight niggle is more likely to turn into a serious problem when the vehicle is mapped

hi have takem my 2005 fabia vrs to garage as is overboosting. they have done alll the tests and say sensors and waste gate are all in full working order. however they have sugested that a remap could cure this as it has done on pervious cars. yhey will map it fo 200 quid what do yu guys think??:thumbup:or :thumbdwn:

They Are talking ****!

The pd130 doesnt even have a wastegate!

Overboost on these engines is usually caused by carbon deposits on the VNT mechanism on the turbo. This causes the mechanism to become sticky and it doesn't react quickly enough when the ECU tells the vanes to retract when requested boost is reached. The ECU detects an overboost situation and throws the car into limp mode. This is common on cars that don't get a regular Italian service, to fix it the VNT needs freeing off and cleaning, try innotec turbo cleaner.

• 3 weeks later...
Overboost on these engines is usually caused by carbon deposits on the VNT mechanism on the turbo. This causes the mechanism to become sticky and it doesn't react quickly enough when the ECU tells the vanes to retract when requested boost is reached. The ECU detects an overboost situation and throws the car into limp mode. This is common on cars that don't get a regular Italian service, to fix it the VNT needs freeing off and cleaning, try innotec turbo cleaner.

Just bought Innotec Turbo Clean off ebay, my mechanic used it for me and the results are FAB!!!! I've had problems on and off for a couple of months and tried this as a last result before a new turbo. Thank goodness I did. saved me hundreds

mellows xxxx:)