R32 FARB - Help!

tsp

I've finally bolted the R32 FARB on! Well, It's bolted to the subframe but it's not bolted at the wheel ends...

When the ARB is all bolted on the off side drive shaft fouls the ARB.

The near side is fine but it rubs on the near side. it looks like the drop links need to be an inch shorter, either that or maybe some mk4 Golf drop links might solve the problem.

Hopefully someone can help!

Tom

I'll get some photos up tommorow. I fitted it as the old one came off... with the holes for the drop link facing the front of the car. The ARB goes over the drive shafts and not under like the standard vRS ARB yeah?

Countryboy, did you have to drill the holes out 1 size for your drop links to bolt in?

I have r32 bar fitted and you don't have to drill the holes in the bar out.

Is the collar on the inside of both arb bushes?

If you undo the top bolt that is fixed to the suspension does this give you the length you need.

The arb links should reach.

Can you rotate the arb as if it's moving on the road.

You both seem to be right... My mate suggested getting some Golf 4 drop links just as you have, they seem like the likely answer. I'm wondering what the hell went wrong though, I gave VW the part number listen on here in a fair few posts :(

One VERY odd thing though, I didn't check the fitting whilst the car was on the ground until I went to take some photos. The bar seems to line up now? IT doesn't foul on either lock either? There is about 10mm clearance on the tightest point. This is something I can't work out?

I'll let the pictures do the talking -

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq173/TSP1986/29082009783.jpg

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq173/TSP1986/29082009784.jpg

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq173/TSP1986/29082009785.jpg

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq173/TSP1986/29082009786.jpg

Just to prove the car exists -

29082009788.jpg

Back to the ARB problem, the one I have fitted is MUCH thicker than my standard one (it measures 23mm), so is it worth me ripping it out all together or shall I buy the Golf 4 drop links and perservere? Or judging my the pictures shall I just put the standard drop links on?! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhh!

Does anyone elses bar get alot closer to the drive shaft on the O/S when the car is jacked up?!

Any more help you can give me will be GREATly appreciated.

Or you owe me.

You don't seem to have the Golf R32 ARB. The Golf R32 ARB has the same shape and fitting as the VRS i.e it runs below the drive shaft and not over it. I would recomened you fit the 23mm R32 variant that will then fit to the standard VRS drop links.

Bugger, thanks Mark.

I might just take it back off and re-fit the standard ARB, bloody cars.

Anybody want to buy a mongrel ARB and some superpro 23mm bushes?! :D

I've decided to take the ARB off and re-fit the standard one, now the next problem has reared it's ugly head.

I took the verniers to the standard bar so I could order some Superpro bushes, expecting them to read 21mm... They measured 16mm. I must have some wrongun of a mongrel of a vRS! :(

Front standard bar is 19mm.

If you got the bar from the dealer take it back and ask them to get the right one then fit it again.

Your not having much luck.

Welcome to my world :D

I just re measured a bit more carefully and 19mm looks a bit more like it, trouble is, I can't seem to find any 19mm bushes listed, only 21 and 23mm?

On the plus side, my rear ARB is fitted at last! :)

Brilliant, I'll phone Awesome and see if I can get some on the hurry up. Cheers Jay.

I'll try returning the bar, I don't hold much hope though as it's been sat in my bedroom for 2 or 3 months. Oh well, you win some, you loose some. Hopefully I can sell it on e-bay or something. I'll have some 23mm bushes up for grabs too :)

Brilliant, I'll phone Awesome and see if I can get some on the hurry up. Cheers Jay.

I'll try returning the bar, I don't hold much hope though as it's been sat in my bedroom for 2 or 3 months. Oh well, you win some, you loose some. Hopefully I can sell it on e-bay or something. I'll have some 23mm bushes up for grabs too :)

Try taking the bar back before you get some 19mm bushes.

Does it have a part no on the bar?

Get the 23mm bar.;)