Stained Seats 2001

olialex

Hello everybody, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

So the problem is, my 2001 Skoda fabia seats stain severely if they get the least bit wet! and the back seats are disgusting, as a dog once came into the backseat and it was pouring down outside! And the front seats aren't better, a SMALL spill or even a wet finger touching the seat and it stains :/ Does someone else have this problem?

If so what did you do to get the stains out, and is this a manufacturers mistake? Does the Skoda dealership here in Iceland fix this for me? :/

Thank you!

Yfir og út..

Mine are the same, although I don't think fingers are an issue.

I was washing it, and the window seals leaked letting loads of water in, drenching the seats. Pretty badly stained now on all of my seats. :( Would also be interested to know of a stain remover, I tried carpet/upholestry cleaner, which just made it worse.

olialex - assuming you are Icelandic, you have very good English! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Conventional upholstery cleaner seems to work well on water marks, however I think the light bits on my vRS seats have darkened slightly over the years...

Works a treat with no darkening on my wife's Comfort! :thumbup:

I used Auto Glym Upholstery cleaner and it was great my three year old son doesnt know the meaning of dont stan on the wet grass then the seats so i am constantly cleaning them and i found the best stuff so far was the auto glym spray and a hot cloth:thumbup:

Hello and welcome to this forum, Olialex. :thumbup:

I, like VRSyme, use Auto Glym Interior Shampoo on my seats and it works very well. I have also bought their hi-foam interior shampoo spray, but that does not seem to be as good.