rSAP and Provider

Fomas

I have the Superb II with Columbus and can't get my phone to transfer it's contact list, despite the fact that it is supposed to be compatible (Nokia 6233).

Someone told me that the problem is that the sim card is too new (!) and the car can't connect to these. One of the other Belgian providers still offers the old cards for this reason. However, my provider (Mobistar) does not.

Has anyone here got a Mobistar phone working on the Columbus and if so, what type?

Can't see where I should do this. Calling with the phone works over the carkit so I guess that this setting should be ok?

When connected to the car, the phone indicates "Remote sim mode" (or something similar - I can't remember exactly)

Changed the setting, no result.

When i try to upload the phonebook from the MFD, I get "0 entries". When I do it through Columbus, it indicates "Phone book stransfer not started" (in Dutch).

Doesn't matter if i choose the sim and/or telephone memory, always the same result.

Deep sigh. No one at my provider, nor Skoda seems to be able to help me. That's a lot of money wasted on a now useless carkit!

Hi Fomas,

Can you tell us which version of the car kit you've got? There are 3 types available in Europe, GSMI, GSMII and GSMIII (or Premium).

In the UK, we only have the Premium bluetooth, which comes as standard on Elegance models, but this is optional on LHD cars.

Assuming that your car was supplied in the Netherlands, the premium bluetooth looks to be the only option available. Is this what you ordered?

From what I can see, the 6233 does support rSAP, which explains why you can make calls. When connected to the car, do you see the network name and signal strength on the 'Phone' screen of the Columbus?

Also, if connected via rSAP you will no longer be able to initiate calls or read SMS messages on the handset. Are these things disabled on your phone when in the car?

According to VW, the 6233 must be running firmware v3.70 or above to work. On the phone keypad, type *#0000# and see what version you've got. If it's less than 3.70, you need to do a firmware upgrade.

I'd also suggest copying your phonebook from the SIM into the phone memory, and then deleting all of the entries from the SIM card. On my E71, I don't have any contacts on the SIM card at all.

Finally, it could be that your phone doesn't support the PBAP (phonebook access protocol). To test this, go to the following URL:

Nokia Europe - Nokia 616 Car Kit - Support

then download and install the appropriate phonebook downloader for the version of Symbian that your phone is running. Now, run the installed application and try to copy the phonebook across again.

Can't think of anything else you can try at the moment.

Bagpuss.