I've 80% installed it and come up against a brick wall.

dcrd

Yes i do have gps antenna and it is installed:)

I think the problem arrises because the supplied software is not in the right format/config for the unit to read. It was just sent to me and i was told to 'stick it on an SD card'.

The CD changer in the boot will not work at all with the Witson unit, there is no way to make it work either.

A quick search should find a long thread with lots of issues, and tips for the Witson unit.

Dont forget the SD card for the GPS software must be a normal SD card, not SDHC and must be formatted with the FAT filesystem. The Witson does not recognise FAT32 or NTFS formatted media.

ZHUHAI WITSON INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD.

SKODA Octavia II/III(W2-D781S) Model No.:W2-D781S

Anybody installed one of these (Octavia2 if it makes any differance)?

My problem is this;

the supplied GPS software refuses to do anything and my CD changer in the boot is undetectable.

Any ideas would be appreciated?

You will have explain more:

Last thing first you say your CD changer is undetectable ! but in the list on the web site it does not mention CD changer, so are you using the one that was in the car ?

and re the GPS you say to use a SD card ! have you done that ?

but what you really need to do do is explain the whole installation from start to finish !

Then we can poss point out where you have gone wrong, or you might have a faulty unit !

Radiotwo

You will have explain more:

Last thing first you say your CD changer is undetectable ! but in the list on the web site it does not mention CD changer, so are you using the one that was in the car ?

and re the GPS you say to use a SD card ! have you done that ?

but what you really need to do do is explain the whole installation from start to finish !

Then we can poss point out where you have gone wrong, or you might have a faulty unit !

Radiotwo

Hi,

Firstly i should say that the unit is installed and working with only the two exceptions i mentioned.

1. I am trying to use the OEM skoda CD changer factory fitted to my car and wired into the iso block connector which the radio plugs into.

2. The unit uses the SD slot on the front for it's GPS software and the software that was supplied makes no differance. the unit just says GPS software not detected. It was sent via a download link on the web and came down as a file of about 1gb. I was instructed to simply copy the files to a blank SD card and insert into the appropriately labeled slot.

Thanks,

D

1. I am trying to use the OEM skoda CD changer factory fitted to my car and wired into the iso block connector which the radio plugs into.

2. The unit uses the SD slot on the front for it's GPS software and the software that was supplied makes no differance. the unit just says GPS software not detected. It was sent via a download link on the web and came down as a file of about 1gb. I was instructed to simply copy the files to a blank SD card and insert into the appropriately labeled slot.

This makes sense,

1. The OEM changer will not work with the Witson unit at all. You need to buy a compatible one and replace the OEM changer with that.

2. The single file is most likely compressed (ZIP, RAR etc.) this will need to be unzipped and the contents copied to the card.

This makes sense,

1. The OEM changer will not work with the Witson unit at all. You need to buy a compatible one and replace the OEM changer with that.

2. The single file is most likely compressed (ZIP, RAR etc.) this will need to be unzipped and the contents copied to the card.

Thanks for replying.

1. The CDC is not really a major issue just a little dissapointing because i can see it on the menu and it's laughing at me:(

2. The single folder i'm supposed to copy to the SD has two zipped files inside it. Are you saying i should extract them to the folder or to new folders within the original one?

Many thanks,

D

I guess one folder contains the map, and the other the software itself, try unzipping both of them and saving them to the root of the memory card, so that there are no folders at all.

I guess one folder contains the map, and the other the software itself, try unzipping both of them and saving them to the root of the memory card, so that there are no folders at all.

Thanks,

i'll go try that:)

D

Thanks for replying.

1. The CDC is not really a major issue just a little dissapointing because i can see it on the menu and it's laughing at me:(

2. The single folder i'm supposed to copy to the SD has two zipped files inside it. Are you saying i should extract them to the folder or to new folders within the original one?

Many thanks,

D

Hi D

Hope you have got it sorted.

But I wanted a CD changer on a car, and noticed the radio I wanted did not support a changer but of course it had the SD slot, I have now got a 4Gb card and get far more on the card than on the separate disc's and saves carrying loads of discs.

so I think it is a better way to go !

Radiotwo

Hi D

Hope you have got it sorted.

But I wanted a CD changer on a car, and noticed the radio I wanted did not support a changer but of course it had the SD slot, I have now got a 4Gb card and get far more on the card than on the separate disc's and saves carrying loads of discs.

so I think it is a better way to go !

Radiotwo

A very good point.

(note to self: must remember to be more opptimistic!)

Just have to sort the steering wheel controls out and all is well again.

Thank you

D

Beginning to wish i had not bothered:(

Unit is now all working and i can't get it to fit into the dash properly.

I've tried everything i can think of an it just wont fit.

The problem seems to be the isoblock connector which is preventing the unit sliding back far enough to be screwed in place.

If i can't get it to fit properly then it will have to go back even after all the work it's taken to get to this point:(

Any ideas guys?