Phone Holder

TF-VRS

Does anybody know the part number for the skoda factory fit mobile phone holder mount that goes in the place of the cup holder, and if you can still get it at dealerships?

I'm not overly keen on the mounting positions for the brodit kits.

Thanks guys

Didn't think they even did one..... Wouldn't have thought there was much call for that kind of holder as doesn't it only work with the older Nokia handsets?

As i've already got the drinks holder fitted i went for a phone holder that is attached to the side of the transmission tunnel.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29404&d=1246552303

Cheers

Dave.

wavey i believe that you can change the actual holder part in was more the initial mount i was looking for.

thanks mike, think'll just go for the dashmount kit as i'm guessing they don't make the "holders" for newer phones and it doesn't look like the brodit holder will fit on that mount!

You're right about Halfrauds.... £33 for a set of number plates!!!!

Daylight robbery!

But I digress..... I have used the same phone holder in my last 3 cars.

Its a black rubber coated magnet made by Jabra about an inch and a half square. When i want to remove it, I simply pull it off and replace the double sided sticky tape on the back then stick it in the next car... In my VRS its to the left of the instrument binnacle behind indicator stalk. I think it cost me about 4quid when I bought it about 8 or 9 years ago.

Its ultra discreet, the phone is held well enough by it to operate the buttons whilst in place. Never moves when I'm driving. And when the phone is in my pocket or bag its not an eyesore. I stick a blunt stanley blade to my phone battery using tape or glue and the magnet attracts that. Modern phone batteries aren't attracted to magnets so I reckon thats why this kind of holder died a death. Just do the stanley blade trick.

:thumbup:

^ Nice one mate. Does the phone holder have to drilled in?

No the base disk is stuck on with a sticky pad and the phoneholder part has a suction cup which you mount on the base disk.

Cheers

Dave.

Didn't think they even did one..... Wouldn't have thought there was much call for that kind of holder as doesn't it only work with the older Nokia handsets?

As i've already got the drinks holder fitted i went for a phone holder that is attached to the side of the transmission tunnel.

Cheers

Dave.

Hello WaveyDavey,

That leather looking pocket at the side centre console --- may I ask is that an addition, where did you acquire it, looks the business, and would like one.

Ian. 25/09/2009 :D:thumbup:

It's just a mount, clips onto the transmission tunnel by the gearstick/ashtray. You can then fix whichever holder you want to it...

A few more details and some generic photos here:

http://briskoda.net/non-automotive-items/fabia-bits/141538/#post1650609

I found it a very convenient place to have my phone mounted :thumbup:

Steve

Cheers

Dave.

Apologies for the hijack, but what is and where did you get that storage door bit/thing under the radio? All of my stuff flies out under hard acceleration so need to get one but I haven't had much luck searching!

Apologies for the hijack, but what is and where did you get that storage door bit/thing under the radio? All of my stuff flies out under hard acceleration so need to get one but I haven't had much luck searching!

It's from the elegance trim fabia.... It costs about £35 from your local dealer and i fitted it myself in about 10 minutes. You just remove the open tray and replace it with the drawer. :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.