Greetings

kentishman

Mornin' all

I'm a 67 year old plus slightly younger missus and we've decided it's time to change our 9 year old thinking hooligan's vehicle (Subaru Forester Turbo) and quite keen on an octy estate probably the 1.8tsi with the dsg box. My only slight worry is whether the petrol dsg's have a dmf as plenty of horror stories about these - on the other hand we only do around 5,000 miles pa so probably not something to get too worked up over. Skoda UK said they couldn't tell me unless I knew the chassis no. which I find to believe (don't they know what they are making?) so I wonder if anyone here can tell me which cars are fitted with a dmf?- thanks

Chance would be a fine thing! Missus only started receiving her oap last year I'm afraid - I did say I might trade her in for two 30 year olds and she gave me a knowing smile and muttered something which I couldnt quite make it out but the words silly and old and fool were in there somewhere....

Welcome

Skoda UK said they couldn't tell me unless I knew the chassis no. which I find to believe (don't they know what they are making?)

You would really of thought so wouldn't you? Don't you just love SUK!

Hiya.

I'm not certain about the DSG clutches, but I do know that it has 2, one for odd number gears and one for even numbers, so it works very differently to a manual.

And I thought that Octys were the thinking hooligan's cars of choice (certainly given the way I drive mine). ;)

More interested in this slightly younger misses - go on, tell us at 67 you've pulled a 20 year old bird?? :D

Hello and welcome, just excuse me whilst I give a 'knowing look' at Simbo, bird indeed. You give blokes a bad name, what you like eh! tee hee hee

Thanks for all your welcomes and jocular comments- like being back at work if I can remember what that was!

Re the DMF according to a well known trilby wearing ex-car trader/website proprietor/journo the DMF is fitted to petrol DSG's to ease the strain on the DSG? - (Don't you just love acronyms? Our son is in the army (REME!) and we need a crib sheet at times to understand what he's on about!)

Having said that we are about to put a deposit down on a 1.8tsi DSG SE Estate with the optional extra leather steering wheel and level boot floor and wait for it, a sunshine roof, which we enjoy at slower speeds in rural areas where we spend the majority of our time. Colour wise quite like the Corrida Red which think it just about gets away with - if the car was any bigger think maybe would resemble a mini fire engine. Anyway makes a change from all the silver variants etc. and not too dark to need washing too often!