Roof Bars

Hannibal

I've started a thread in the wanted section for a set of bars, either Thule or Skoda. Does anybody know the quality of the other manufacturers such as Mont Blanc. There seem to be plenty on ebay for much cheaper than Thule.......

you can borrow my skoda ones if it's just for a job you need doin, depends how far away you are I guess, I'm in Ponty

They were £98 from W Dove and are v good IMO

Thanks for that. I'm not far away, in Cardiff. I have or 2 DIY project I need a set for but also want the for extra luggage space on holidays etc and just the flexibility of having a set to hand.

May well take you up on your offer for the up coming DIY though.

Ok no problem, I can recommend the skoda set they are top notch.

If you want to borrow a roof box I have one too, depends on the timing of course cos I use my bars a lot for MTBing but even if you got your own bars and wanted a box there's one here, save you getting one. SGM towing want £60 / week + vat to rent one!!:eek:

Pic is me in france a week ago:

30601.attach

Thanks Stott for your offer, very generous of you.

Just let a set go in ebay which went for £64 + £10 pp. Moral of the story, should have taken the £50 buy it now price when it was available. I felt £74 was a bit much for second hand Fabia bars.

I'd be interest to hear from anybody that has experience of the Mont Blanc Set up???

2 more off the phone and some on my camera card but these pretty much cover all angles, it's an old halfords one, retro like, from when their logo was white font on a grey background with the slanty 'no entry sign' for the O, :D:D

It's mint though, lockable and didn't get a drop on water in it on my last trip! , and perhaps the best bit, I got it off ebay, complete with a lockable set of roof bars (for cars with std roof rails) and all keys for box and bars, for.................................

£11.50 -------------- back of the net :thumbup:

30607.attach

30608.attach