Condensation

Any body had condensation on the inside of their car in the morning? I had it in February but I didn’t really bother about it but then it was really cold over night and the inside of the car windscreen became covered in ICE. Alas the weather picked up and it stopped so I never took it to the dealers but now this morning its back and its only going to get worse. It always appears on the near side vent and never on the offside.

Its due for a service in probably 2-3 months so i'll mention it then but anybody else had this?

30700.attach

Check the rear carpets for damp as the back doors are known to spring leaks. Test by pouring water down outside of window and see if it appears from the underside of the door card.

It could also mean the rear washer hose has popped off so check for puddles in the spare wheel well.

These suffer the same a fabia 1 with the doors leaking in water throught the metal plates in the door. Could well be worth removing the door trims and getting them sealed. Any decent silicon sealant should do the repair as you need to seal along the edge of the metal panel to the main door frame as they had a rather naff FOAM gasket which was never really going to stop water for very long.

Nope - carpets are dry as and it only happens on a cold night e.g. when the cars covered in a light mist in the morning or when its below freezing. It can rain like a thunderstorm and the cars ok but a cold night and thats when i get the inside mist appear on the front windscreen and nowhere else:confused:

It's the change of temperature that causes the condensation. This time of year is when it first starts to show, with warm days and cooler nights.

My old fabia did exactly the same and I only twigged something was wrong when I saw the ice between the door seal and the interior trim. Although the carpets feel dry, the water could be going underneath into the foam soundproofing.

Is your rear washer working? Is the aircon working correctly (ie all vents correct temp, fan speed etc?)

Moistures getting in somewhere.

Yep the washers working fine, ice cold temp on a/c. Dual climate is set the same on both sides

Do you get an aero noise from any of your back doors?

No noise from the rear - The pattern that forms looks like its coming from the air vent from under the windcreen but i cant understand why?

I parked up at 9.30ish last night and this morning - the foggy glass! Its as though the air is still being pumped onto the glass when i've stopped and turned off but why only one side and not all across the windscreen. Is one side of the heating vent blowing air at a differnt temp than the other vent causing condensation to form on the glass when the car gets cold?

I parked up at 9.30ish last night and this morning - the foggy glass! Its as though the air is still being pumped onto the glass when i've stopped and turned off but why only one side and not all across the windscreen. Is one side of the heating vent blowing air at a differnt temp than the other vent causing condensation to form on the glass when the car gets cold?

Is part of it the shade, the sun may be shining for long enough on one side and warming it up sufficiently to disperse the condensation. If you think this might be the case can you park your car somewhere else or the other way round to test it ?

Do you use the auto function on the climate control?

I use both eco and auto - doesn't matter what i use still the same outcome. When i first had the problem it was auto and now on wednesday it was eco on a low setting of probably 20-22 c and blowing 1-3 bar max.

Is part of it the shade, the sun may be shining for long enough on one side and warming it up sufficiently to disperse the condensation. If you think this might be the case can you park your car somewhere else or the other way round to test it ?

Nope all exposed to the sun in the morning

It's the change of temperature that causes the condensation. This time of year is when it first starts to show, with warm days and cooler nights.?

You are right with this as its been fine since around feb and now with the colder days (last few days) its back again. I've just checked my car at 7.33am and the front windscreen is covered in mist(outside) but the inside is clear and no misting so i am now thinking its when i come back late at night and leave it the sudden temp drop is causing a problem. I parked up at around 17.20 last night when it was still warm so the glass temp would have dropped with the outside temp as the day finished.