CD Changer Trouble

DJM123

Driving home this afternoon in the middle of playing a CD and soud stops half way through the track. I tried changing tracks and discs but nothing, it will change discs and tracks but no sound.

Radio works fine. I have ejected magazine / turned everything on and off and checked connection to changer.

The HU will now not even recognise the changer and nothing happens when i push c/d.?

Very annoying fault got no tunes now! Help!

P.S Is standard symphony tape and 6 cd changer.

I'll pick up Simons spare one on Saturday if you want to give it a try with that.

I looked at Haynes last night and if you want to get the Symphony H/U out to check the plug on the back you need a set of those stereo key things (flat bladed type)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAG-VW-SEAT-SKODA-Audi-Stereo-Removal-keys-PC5-73_W0QQitemZ290354079904QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item439a73a8a0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Wish I'd read your post earlier Jamie! Bought somekeys from Halfords today, generic ones that looked small enough for the HU but no joy, cant get the bloody thing out to check the wire!

Getting quite frustrated with it now! 1000 mile service countdown has just come on as well!

Anyone know of anyway to get HU out without keys, havent got a screwdriver etc small enough.

Okay got HU out and all appears fine with connections etc. Boot is bone dry no leaks (touch wood!) Have removed CD changer connection seems fine, the wire loks as if its hard wired to the changer?

The changer will still eject magazine etc so must have power. Having done all that and tried hoover near it and magazine the HU still doesnt know that its there!

Anyone any further sugestions?

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if a CD changer from a 2001 Bora will work with Octy HU?

Should do, the changer from SWMBOs Seat fits my octavia OK. As long as it looks the same I think they are all identical - SWMBO had the one in her car replaced and it came with VW instructions.

Wish I'd read your post earlier Jamie! Bought somekeys from Halfords today, generic ones that looked small enough for the HU but no joy, cant get the bloody thing out to check the wire!

Getting quite frustrated with it now! 1000 mile service countdown has just come on as well!

Anyone know of anyway to get HU out without keys, havent got a screwdriver etc small enough.

Kenwood keys work in the standard HU.

My changer always stopped working at the most annoying times, so I retired it to a shelf and bought a proper CD player that works when you want it to.

CD changers are so 90's man! :P