Hi all, new Mk1 Octy vRS owner...

SideshowBob

Hi

I'm picking up my Mk1 Octy VRS on saturday. I'm a mate of Fluffmeister's of this very forum, in fact you could say he's to blame for switching me on to the vRS since I took a spin in his Octy a couple of years back. :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :thumbup:

Mine is the first standard one I've drove and I loved it, it out-handles my Golf Mk4 GTTDI by some margin and although it's a bit down on torque in comparison, it's begging for a remap and some extra ponies. :cool: :cool:

I need to get the water pump switched for the metal impeller version as a precaution because we can't tell from the reciepts whether it had a WP with the cambelt change at 60k or not. After that, all being well, I'll be looking at getting a P-torque remap :thumbup:

Still trying to work out what sort of difference a cold air intake would make as well as the remap?

Any tips welcome.

Ey' up mate

Advice wise, don't listen to anything Fatty5000 has to say about Octavia's :D:D:D

Welcome to the madness mate :thumbup: There's plenty of bikers on here to, a few old hands from VD.

Looking forward to Saturday then mate?

He has mates?? He's paid you to say that, hasn't he??? :eek: :D

No idea about the air intake... maybe ask over in the Octavia forum >> here <<

Welcome aboard! :)

Is it because I iz black??? :D

Hi and welcome!

Said the newbe...

There's plenty of bikers on here to, a few old hands from VD.

Interesting that, I'm a biker too and still log on to VD every now and again. Honda Deauville and Octivia Estate - what does that say about me? :)

Cheers, Manske

just got mine mapped at ptorque a few weeks back,i got one of those cheap cai off ebay it does the job ok,and a forge splitter it made 214.9 hp and 231.5 lbs/ft,there was a group buy for ptorque a while back but u have just missed the boat,well worth a trip there thou,will is a top bloke and highly reguarded in the tuning circles,u wont be dissapointed mate.welcome btw.