octavia 2 05

The alternator has bearings inside of the drive arrangement.

The pulley is about £50 and about 45 minutes to change.

My car was being very odd and on replacing the battery the problems went away. My batter passed all the halfords type none load tests, so I would see if you can't get your dealer to loan you another battery to test of something.

I'm just not buying the injector line as you would get a really rough idle for one or more off and if they are all off you're not going to run at all.

Where are you as I'm sure a member on here will do a fault code scan and work it out for you.

well its got to be some component breaking down and spiking the system and cutting the ECU out all I get as a fault code 18009 battery voltage at pin 30 which i have check countless times ????? any other tips??

Definitely check the alternator pulley.

Anti Sudder valve

Relay 109 or it's eqivalent.

Battery

Battery terminals are clean and free from grease etc.

T30 is the battery IIRC.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

Hi the alternator pulley is fine the is ok battery found a another relay under fuse box checked that out and that ok too ,running out of ideas now. I cant understand why know one else has had a problem like this or am I misssing something very silly????

No - you're not missing anything silly - it's the nature of the fault. It could be any of the things you've looked at but worst of all it's intermittent and you can't replicate it at will. Once you can replicate it, it stops being intermittent and then fault finding becomes more specific - though not necessarily easier :( Did you try my spare key suggestion ? D The editor's a bit broken too :(

It should be noted that the alternator pulley will still turn, but the alternator speed won't stay high and you'll get voltage drops.

I think you need to get somebody here to scan your car and also get the power steering checked. It's electronic and can pull huge currents. Also worth checking all connections and earths again.

Hi Guys had an other good check around the wiring loom yesterday and found one of the earth tags looking very suspect (the one under the scuttle panel ) the tag to the body was ok but the tag to the wire had gone black looked like it had got water in it. So time will tell now , see if it works ?

• 1 month later...

don't have to declutch or anything like that just turn the ignition off and back on again and it all reset and carry on as normal. One dealer said over the phone it may be an injector failing but untill it does all you can do is drive it as normal if thats possible.

Have you checked the crimps to wires from the relay socket? Always worth pulling and refitting (or even changing) any associated fuses. I had an intermittent fault which extinguished the instrument lights, banging the dash to relight, eventually traced to a slightly nudged fuse. Edited by icarusi@hotmail