just curiosity really

hxdave

hi guys,

was sat in a traffic jam this morning for quite a while. having a look around to see what i could see, i noticed that in the interior light console of the car, thre is a rectangle of holes, similar to either a microphone or speaker. the car is a fabia 1.2 htp on a 03 plate. there are 2 buttons to control the individual lights, a switch to determine if you want the lights to come on or not, and then this rectangle of holes.

anyone tell me what they are?

regards

AIUI, the microphone for the dealer-fit car phone install goes there. I always thought it was the sensor for the alarm, but I've been told that the sensor uses microwaves, so doesn't need to a grille to 'see' through... :thumbup:

AIUI, the microphone for the dealer-fit car phone install goes there. I always thought it was the sensor for the alarm, but I've been told that the sensor uses microwaves, so doesn't need to a grille to 'see' through... :thumbup:

Learn something new everyday! Been awhile since I had a interior, but like you, I assumed it was for the alarm too!

I've got an alarm on my 2001 1.4 16v elegance estate, my duaghter thinks it's really fun to sit in the car and lock it with the central locking and then jump about til she triggers it:O

My neighbours love me;)