Choosing Felicia Spark Plugs

Hi, I have a 1998 1.3 MPi Felicia and am looking for new spark plugs as when started from cold, the revs just die when the accelerator is depressed, almost like it is going to stall, and I havn't changed the spark plugs in around 12 months so think its worth a go.

I've seen NGK offer two types for the 1.3 MPi: 135MPI / 136MPI / MPI FINE ELECTRODE or AMG, AMH, AMJ / MPI MULTI ELECTRODE.

Apart from taking the old plugs out and checking the model number, does anyone know of a quick way to find out which I require?

Cheers,

Andy

Yes, I did think it could well be a fuelling problem, I have been running the petrol tank very low recently and wondered if some dirt from the bottom could have got into the injectors, so I may get some Redex first to try and clean the injectors. I see you can get Redex for

I figure changing the spark plugs every 12 months is probably a good thing to do anyway, but once the engine is running, it never has another problem, its only on start up.

I always run my tank to near empty and change the fuel filter per schedule, that stops any build up of gunk that can cause a problem when you REALLY run the tank empty, which has happened to me once or twice in the past, usually because of a stuck fuel gauge.

Once years ago, the empty light came on and the car conked out 2 seconds later!!!

(An old Audi, not a Skoda)

this sounds awfully familiar! having same prob on my Felicia 136B at the moment. had a petrol shortage a week or so ago, and its been shocking since. usually after breaking from speed, its uber slow on the uptake in 2nd and 3rd til its back up to 40ish. Tried to get to the fuel filter today, but the heatshield nuts/studs are corroded and dont want to snap/ surgically remove the thing to find i cant get it secured again. if it comes to it, can i drill the chassis near the original studs to remount it?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, is it possible to run a diagnostics and engine management check, I'll just have to get round to doing it. The more it happens, the more Im thinking it's likely to be a problem with the automatic choke, and not enough fuel getting into the cylinders on start up.

I've also read there can be problems with the speed/crank sensor that can be replaced. I'll have to consult Haynes and see what the easiest fix is first and try that....

Thanks for the help.