how to switch off rear parking sensor..

Hi there,

I have an 56reg Octavia Elegance and wondered whether I could switch off my rear parking sensor (if needed). The reason that I am asking is that these sensors seem to work quite irregular: frequently (but not always.....) emitting a continuous warning signal while there is nothing close behind me, this happens particularly in the morning while reversing out of my parking space. Any advice & suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.

Mine picks up vehicles close to the sides as well. Do you mean it whines constanly even when clear of all parked vehicles?

I'd a parking sensor dealer fitted to my Hyundai. It beeped erratically on my tarmac driveway but always performed perfectly on the workshop's brick faced courtyard!

Thanks for your replies. Yes, it bleeps continuously even when nothing is around, but this is erratic as this morning it behaved well (no sound at all when reversing.....). Strange.... Anyway, I presume there is no easy way to switch off the sensors when needed? Thanks.

Thanks for your replies. Yes, it bleeps continuously even when nothing is around, but this is erratic as this morning it behaved well (no sound at all when reversing.....). Strange.... Anyway, I presume there is no easy way to switch off the sensors when needed? Thanks.

I have a button just below the climatronic where I can turn on and off the sensors......

You only have a button if you have front sensors as well and it does switch off both front and rear sensors. The button will also switch on the sensors even though you haven't engaged reverse, handy when you need to drive forward and get close up to something.

On mine I find that they will sound if you reverse near a kerb. Also if you have a steep incline into your drive and later reverse out, the tail end will come close to and 'point' at the road surface making the sensors go off. Just goes to show how sensitive they are.

Mac