Making a "SCREAM" cape from scratch

devonutopia

Got a party at my house tomorrow and have a bit of a scream theme going on. Have the mask but if I fail to get a cape from the local fancy dress shop tomorrow, will have to make my own, sourcing some black fabric from somewhere.... Any ideas on a template to make it?

Was thinking.... In scream, was the arms part of the cape? I.e was it just arms in normal clothing that came out the cape, or were the arms part of it? Having to incorporate arms into the design would complicate it.... a lot.....

Will need a hood too. I just have no idea how to relate an item of clothing into it's net flat template of material to start with.... :rolleyes:

Quoting from original movie props

SCREAM 2 - The Killer's Black Robe - The iconic cloak worn by the killer

from "Scream 2!" The hooded cloak is made of a slightly glittery black

fabric, and features built-in arms and gloves at the end of the belled

sleeves. There are strips of fabric hanging down from the arms, and

fringe detailing along the bottom hem. The robe closes through Velcro

closures down the front.

If you could find a grim reaper type costume, might be easier to modify

f***ing genius! Never realised the similarity before - Shall bear that in mind as well. Failing that, found a fabric shop across the road from the fancy dress shop so will just buy several metres of black stuff and have some fun in the afternoon.....