Bolero Bluetooth Add on

There is no Bluetooth addition that will work directly with an MFD2, to my knowledge. The best solution for you is not from Skoda, but from Parrot IMO.

A fitted CK3100 setup would be far superior to what you've bought:

Car Audio 66: Parrot CK3100 Only £84.49 LCD Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kit

Steve

There is no Bluetooth addition that will work directly with an MFD2, to my knowledge. The best solution for you is not from Skoda, but from Parrot IMO.

A fitted CK3100 setup would be far superior to what you've bought:

Car Audio 66: Parrot CK3100 Only £84.49 LCD Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kit

Steve

I have got one of those, but it kept on cutting me off, the phone would ring then the parrot disconnected

What is the phone button on the MFD for then???

I have got one of those, but it kept on cutting me off, the phone would ring then the parrot disconnected

Is it a nokia by any chance, I think you will have to go with one of the newer parrots that supports stereo bluetooth (A2DP I think). I dont know the exact models but you will see them on the website (Mki9100 or Mki9000). The CK3100 does not support the newer bluetooth protocols. I have just installed a Bury CC9060 and it is brilliant, that is the route I would suggest you take. Do a search on the forum, there are loads of comments on them.

Edited by k.young
Bad use of the english language.

You had a duff Parrot then! Or a phone that wasn't suitable. What were you using with it?

Phone button? I've no idea. But I can use Google. So I found:

MFD2 and Bluetooth - uk-mkivs

Sounds like it's only for supporting a wired phone cradle, not for supporting ANYTHING via Bluetooth.

Steve

If that's the case, then that was an early Nokia to sport Bluetooth connectivity. And in Nokia's inevitable form, it didn't really conform fully. I should know, I had a 6310 - the first Nokia with Bluetooth :)

If this is the phone you use, and you intend to continue using it, I'd track down a CAR-K91 wired kit with cradle from eBay. Works first time, every time :thumbup:

HTH,

Steve

If that's the case, then that was an early Nokia to sport Bluetooth connectivity. And in Nokia's inevitable form, it didn't really conform fully. I should know, I had a 6310 - the first Nokia with Bluetooth :)

If this is the phone you use, and you intend to continue using it, I'd track down a CAR-K91 wired kit with cradle from eBay. Works first time, every time :thumbup:

HTH,

Steve

Yes thats the phone I use, its now 9 years old but still original and has never let me down, I did have it in a car kit in my superb and have still got it somewhere in the attic

I don't believe in buying a new phone as they are no longer reliable, and have to many gizmo's on them, many of witch are beyond me, unless someone knows of a good basic phone that all i require it to do is make and receive calls and text and bluetooth of course

Yes thats the phone I use, its now 9 years old but still original and has never let me down, I did have it in a car kit in my superb and have still got it somewhere in the attic

I don't believe in buying a new phone as they are no longer reliable, and have to many gizmo's on them, many of witch are beyond me, unless someone knows of a good basic phone that all i require it to do is make and receive calls and text and bluetooth of course

I'm with you - no point getting something that you're not going to make full use of. I bought my Dad one of these on the same basis - still a nice size, slim and does what he needs, plus Bluetooth and it connects up really well with the CAR-K126 he has:

Nokia UK - Mobile Phones - Buy the Nokia 2630 mobile device

Steve

Some people don't give the correct model name, try again on eBay for CARK-126 :)

Or Amazon. This seems very cheap, so I'd double-check everything is included:

Nokia CARK126 Car Installation Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

For clarity, this is basically the next version up from the CAR-K91; it can accept a wired cradle installation, but also has Bluetooth functionality. This would be wired into the back of the headunit, like any aftermarket solution from Parrot and the like.

HTH,

Steve

The OEM Skoda Bluetooth module is still perfectly usable without the MSFW - I know, I've seen it and used it - and also on a Facelift Octavia! :)

With suitable coding and a Columbus (MFD3) headunit, it can also be used via the touchscreen there.

Steve

Have ordreed a Octavia RS FL (manual so without MFSW) and it id bluetooth enabled (Irish model though)

I agree; why not on non-DSG variants. But even the English version of the brochure (not the UK brochure) on the main Skoda (Czech) web-site says:

The 3-spoke multifunctional steering wheel

is wrapped in black,

partially compressed leather. It is adorned with an original RS plaque

on the bottom part. Available only with automatic DSG transmission.

There are often options that are avalable (eg: electric folding mirrors) in other countries that Skoda UK decide not to offer. But as far as I can make out, the bluetooth controls are on the multi-function steering wheel. So it's not an option fitted at the factory at all.

I only wish it wasn't as it appears.

Thank god you lot are awake.....The UK spec cars ( Octavias ) mainly are able to have all the option as standard featured on web site, the only thing I can make out from VW is when they get PDI 'd the code puts it to UK spec but if you take it in to VW they will be able to re-code for European spec..Thus enabling you to have bluetooth, I think, cus thats what they are doing to my lighing system as they are standard with DTRL and cornering fogs in Europe....and get wiped out in the UK.

Have ordreed a Octavia RS FL (manual so without MFSW) and it id bluetooth enabled (Irish model though)

So if I have the MFSW without bluetooth, radio only as broucher, can I get the bluetooth enabled say at VW? or Skoda.....I would need the new aeriel to right?:confused:

Or am I being blonde>>>>>>>>??????:rotz:

Are you saying that all UK cars come with the Bluetooth hardware present but just disabled at PDI? :confused:

This isn't the case at all. The Bluetooth hardware is something physical (a silver, metal box of electronic goodies fitted under the drivers seat) that is only fitted into the car if it is part of the individual cars build specification.

Umm... If that's not what you're saying, apologies - I have misunderstood your post. :confused:

DRL/Cornering lights etc... they're just options that can be switched on or off via VCDS (or by VAS at a dealer if you're lucky)... Bluetooth ain't so - it's not like it's part of the Bolero/Dance/Columbus type HU hardware that can be switched on or off depending on spec.build options.

You can certainly buy the bits & have it retro-fitted though! :thumbup:

Edit:

...I loaded this page then went off to do something, came back, replied then saw #40 where you're asking now! :D

In a nutshell, no - you're being blonde! ;)

Lol...thanks for that...just been trying to work out if the codes did this too but you have explained nicely...So as I have standard MFSW, can I get bluetooth added to this? The Lghts are as you say, switchable and VW are doing this next week...Thanks:thumbup:

Yes - it's not so much the MFSW that's important, more Maxidot/compatible HU... loads of people have the Skoda Bluetooth kit without MFSW. That's just an added bonus! :)

Have a look >>here<< for the bits n bobs you'd need to buy & the process to follow to install it all! :thumbup:

Got ya...Thanks for the link...However by the looks of this I might just pay someone who knows what they are doing to install the bluetooth kit...Thanks again:)

• 1 month later...

Got ya...Thanks for the link...However by the looks of this I might just pay someone who knows what they are doing to install the blue tooth kit...Thanks again:)

Spoke to dealer today and was informed that he had my car for 2010. I sought confirmation that bluetooth is factory enabled (not as an extra)in my manual RS FL. He said that they have tried it in a few RS in dealership and that it works via trip-computer button! Will see for myself in 3 weeks...

• 7 months later...

Spoke to dealer today and was informed that he had my car for 2010. I sought confirmation that bluetooth is factory enabled (not as an extra)in my manual RS FL. He said that they have tried it in a few RS in dealership and that it works via trip-computer button! Will see for myself in 3 weeks...

How did you get on with this? Did your FL VRS have bluetooth?

How did you get on with this? Did your FL VRS have bluetooth?

Absolutely. I got my Skoda on 04 Jan and BT works a miracle.

My only concern is that the current firmware will only work with Nokias etc and if one was to get an Android enabled phone or iPhone, this would not function.