SD Card-Bolero

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it does, a small tip - copy all your files into one folder this saves you having to naviagte through "artist" folders, ie just store them all in the root directory of your SD card. Pretty amazing having an "album" playing that has 200-400 songs on it. I love the SD card on my Bolero. Seriously considering buying an I-Key RM3 SD recorder device.

Yes it does, a small tip - copy all your files into one folder this saves you having to naviagte through "artist" folders, ie just store them all in the root directory of your SD card. Pretty amazing having an "album" playing that has 200-400 songs on it. I love the SD card on my Bolero. Seriously considering buying an I-Key RM3 SD recorder device.

Do you know if it takes SDHC cards? That would be the icing on the cake.

Yes, all info as above - good tip on having everything in one folder too, as the 16Gb SDHC does take a bit of time processing if you're flicking between folders. Info-wise, just make sure the ID3 tags of the MP3s you're playing has as much info about track/artist/album and all will be well :thumbup:

Steve

Tad confused over this one. Thought the Bolero could cope with up to a 32GB memory card but it states in the Bolero manual on page ten " Other memory cards of suitable size, such as SDHC memory cards, are not read by the unit" :confused:

Edited by Bassa

Page 10 of the manual I've got for the Bolero says: "Other physically suitable memory cards, such as SDHC memory cards, are read by the unit not" ...great English, Skoda! :D

Despite what the manual says & just as others above have said & elsewhere on here - a Bolero definitely reads 32GB SDHC cards.

Get as fast a card as poss & buy from a trusted place (Play.com via Quidco! :thumbup:)... loads of fakes on eBay! :)

Thanks for that, I felt that the SD High Capacity cards would be OK

So unlike Skoda to cloud the issue :rolleyes:

I think it might depend on the age of the Bolero unit.

The online manual (downloaded 14/3/09) said:

Requirements of the memory card

Memory cards measuring 32 mm x 24 mm x 2.1 mm or 1.4 mm can be inserted into

the memory card case.

Other memory cards of suitable size, such as SDHC memory cards, are

not read by the unit.

But -

The current version online (downloaded 18/10/09) says the same as my FL Octy2's manual:

Memory card case

SD memory cards (“Secure Digital Memory

Cards”), SDHC (“Secure Digital High Capacity Card”) and MMC

(“Multimedia Cards”) measuring 32 mm x 24 mm x 2.1 mm and with

a capacity of up to 32 GB are available. The case for the memory card

is located under the display.

Hmm, the plot thickens. My car is an early-ish facelift made in April this year. Maybe the Bolero's spec has changed since then but far more likely is a Skoda wording problem in their Bolero manual. Has any one with a Bolero equipped early facelift been using a SDHC card?

Page 10 of the manual I've got for the Bolero says: "Other physically suitable memory cards, such as SDHC memory cards, are read by the unit not" ...great English, Skoda! :D

Despite what the manual says & just as others above have said & elsewhere on here - a Bolero definitely reads 32GB SDHC cards.

Get as fast a card as poss & buy from a trusted place (Play.com via Quidco! :thumbup:)... loads of fakes on eBay! :)

Hi,

Sorry I am a techno retard so apologies if this is a dumb question. Do I need the SD card and a reader e.g.

Play.com (UK) : Integral SD / SDHC Flash Memory Card Reader : Computing - Free Delivery

or does the card slot straight in on its own.

Also how many songs/albums does 16 and 32GB respectively hold.

Can anyone recommend a specific card or are they all much the same?

Many thanks for any helpful responses.

Jason

It depends on your computer, as some PC's have multi-card readers built in as do laptops to enable you to transfer music on your PC/Laptop to a memory card

When I built my own computer I installed one into it so I don't have to use a USB one, but something like that one from play.com will be suitable for SD(HC) cards.

However if you have a digital camera as well which uses a different memory card type, then it maybe prudent to buy a USB multi-card reader instead of just a SD(HC) one.

Just copy the music folder on your PC/Laptop to an SD or SDHC card & then insert it into the slot on the Bolero radio.

NOTE: If you have bought music from Itunes it probably will NOT play as it's in a protected format. You need to convert it to an unprotected format or to MP3.

Quick question.

If you use the SD cars in the Bolero stereo, does it display track/album name.

Ta!

MLC - ex of HJ's ?

does anybody have any experience of amazons' talking book offshoot, audible.com specifically any experience of downloading audio books to sd card and listening via the bolero ?

Play.com have this: 16GB SDHC £17.99

....plus it's a high speed card too. :thumbup:

That's the one I bought for mine. So I can tell you it works very well :thumbup:

Don't know about this firmware issue above. I could check the version on my Bolero and post back with it. Alternatively if anyone is near my location, they're welcome to try my 16Gb card out and see for themselves! (

(For the people asking, that's a hint to include some location info in their profiles!!)

Cheers,

Steve

I believe that from the off, that the Bolero can read SDHC. Members on other forums have tried them since the bolero was first introduced with success. I believe the manual contains a misprint, and all boleros can read SDHC.

I believe that from the off, that the Bolero can read SDHC. Members on other forums have tried them since the bolero was first introduced with success. I believe the manual contains a misprint, and all boleros can read SDHC.[/quote

My feelings entirely but is that 32 GB a gamble? Perhaps trying a 2 or 4 for starters would be sensible. Why do Skoda have to cloud the issues - yet again?

I have one of the pre face lift limited editions, think the manual said about the 2gb limit but mine is happliy running a 16gb sdhc card - seems a bit slow to start reading on startup but ok after that.

Jas

I'm with Manny on this; this is the first I've heard of there being a firmware split on the units. I would conclude that they can all read SDHC type cards. And if they can read one size of SDHC, it will be able to read any size of SDHC - so 32Gb won't be an issue.

I do appreciate the apprehension, that the manual says one thing and we say another; but it wouldn't be the first time we were right! :D

Again, if someone is local and wants to try an SDHC out, that's not a problem...

Steve