Are these clutches the same, Octavia Sport tdi 140 and Octavia VRS tdi 170?

Hello and good evening all!

I am a newbie and yes this is my 1st post but im not alien to car forums, I was a member of Vectra-c.com up until I wrote off my Vectra SRi 150 back in march this year. It was a gr8 car but now im a proud ower of a silver 2005 (55) Skoda Octavia Sport 2.0 TDi PD and love it, yes im one of the coverted.

Now then, im trying to find out if the CLUTCH in the Octavia VRS TDi 170 is the same as whats in my Octavia Sport TDi 140, the reason im asking is because im looking at getting a remap but the company i've contacted want to know if the clutches are the same as they have two stages available:

Stage 1 - 185bhp

Stage 2 - 210bhp.

All suggestions welcome.

Matt.

Edited by billywhiz040480

I would of thought the clutches in these are quite capable of handling those figures.Not sure about the DMF,s though :confused:

Sorry i can,t help you on your question.

Good point I didnt think of the DMF, but I would have thought the clutch in both cars would be the same as the tolerance is usually higher than what the car produces as standard. My Vectra SRi clutch tolerance was 298 lb/ft but the car only produced 232 lb/ft as standard.

Anyone know the best person to ask about the DMF and clutch tolerance ? :confused:

I think they both run the same 6 speed box. If they do then the clutch is going to be the same I would have thought.

It would make sense using the same clutch if there is only a 30hp and 22 lb-ft of torque difference, so im assuming engine and transmisson wise between the 2.0 tdi Sport 140 and VRS 170 the only difference is the ECU?

Now what im confused about is this, on most sites that offer remaps for this engine they show power gains for both the 2.0 TDi 140 and 2.0 TDi 170, but if they can claim 200+ bhp for the VRS 170 TDi and the only difference is the ECU why dont they quote the same power gains for the tdi 140 when in theory its the same engine and transmission as the VRS? :confused:

It would make sense using the same clutch if there is only a 30hp and 22 lb-ft of torque difference, so im assuming engine and transmisson wise between the 2.0 tdi Sport 140 and VRS 170 the only difference is the ECU?

Now what im confused about is this, on most sites that offer remaps for this engine they show power gains for both the 2.0 TDi 140 and 2.0 TDi 170, but if they can claim 200+ bhp for the VRS 170 TDi and the only difference is the ECU why dont they quote the same power gains for the tdi 140 when in theory its the same engine and transmission as the VRS? :confused:

PD170 has at least the following differences.

- Piezoelectric injectors

- different turbo

- DPF and

PD170 has at least the following differences.

- Piezoelectric injectors

- different turbo

- DPF and

Cheers :thumbup:

Right then, i've established that the clutch and gearbox are the same but the injectors, Turbo and DPF are different, now that makes it clear to me that taking the engine power from 140bhp to over 185bhp is not really advisable unless I change a few things, i.e. the turbo (hybrid), better injectors (Piezoelectric) and then add an intercooler, oh and bigger brakes obviously. First things first, let's get it remapped and see if it's worth playing around with!

I've had a quote for a custom remap from ANGEL TUNING, £265 if my brother in-law and I take our cars to them in Caerphilly South Wales or £275 if they come to us, thats sounds good but has anyone on here used them and what are your views? :)

• 2 months later...

I've got me Octy 2.0 tdi booked in for a custom remap with Angel Tuning on monday Feb 1st at 11am, 185 horses for £225 i'm so excited it's unreal, my misses said grow up for christ sake ur nearly 30 lol!

I think you will be very impressed with your remapped PD140. Mine still brings a smile to my face after nearly 300,000kms. Unless you plan to go down the serious mod route, all you will need is a K&N panel filter (or green,pipercross) and maybe a 312mm brake conversion.

Who offered you 210BHP from a remap ??

You got me thinking now, last year I got my pd 140 remapped to 196bhp. At the mo everything is good, I had the turbo changed under warrenty just before I had the remap.

I'll have to keep an eye out for problems.

I've done nothing else to the car and I'm happy with it.

You got me thinking now, last year I got my pd 140 remapped to 196bhp. At the mo everything is good, I had the turbo changed under warrenty just before I had the remap.

I'll have to keep an eye out for problems.

I've done nothing else to the car and I'm happy with it.

What stage is your remap and was it on a rollin road to check the figures ??

I think it was only a stage 1. I had it done in Stokesley north yorks, can't remember the name but he told me that he'd remapped several pd140's with no problems.

He had it all day and road tested it in between changes.

I took it to the roling road in Northallerton not far from me.

While I was there the Fiesta ST club were there having their cars tested.

They were a bit suprized to see the results from my car. mk2 octy pd140 L&K.

Edited by Firefighter56

I think it was only a stage 1. I had it done in Stokesley north yorks, can't remember the name but he told me that he'd remapped several pd140's with no problems.

He had it all day and road tested it in between changes.

I took it to the roling road in Northallerton not far from me.

While I was there the Fiesta ST club were there having their cars tested.

They were a bit suprized to see the results from my car. mk2 octy pd140 L&K.

I have my PD140 remapped but never had it on a dyno, its nice to know that they can make that sort of power with just a stage1. Cheers.