basic cleaning kit / esentials

div

Well after some advice really i pick up the new car in a month or two hopefully and being as most call me a tart i do like a nice clean car. to be honest in the past i have kept the cars i have owned pretty clean and waxed etc but i have been using the same stuff for ages... new car = time for some new bits and bobs to clean it. decided against having something like lifeshine or similar done. i like cleaning my car for the end product so i am wondering what you guys think is essential kit to clean it i pretty much have most of the hardwear really but need to invest in a waffle weave drying cloth and a decent glass cloth (I can never get my windows to be smear free so advice on that would be useful)

So my question is what are the best products to buy i dont want to spend a fortune so am thinking something like snow foam, clay, detailing spray, something for interior plastics etc, leather cleaner, glass cleaner, wheel cleaner, and a good quality wax.

does that sound about right or would someone suggest other bits and bobs that are invaluable or suggestions of which product to buy?

Thanks...

pressure washer

lambswool mitt

2 buckets

gritguard

drying towel

sponge (for the wheels)

wheel brush

clay

microfibres

foam/microfibre applicators

wax - something easy to use and durable - collinite, zaino, megs #16 or srp/egp combo

tyre dressing

all purpose cleaner - can be diluted for most jobs - interior plastics, carpets, door shuts. engine, arches, wheels.

I'd personally consider snowfoam, wheel sealant and anything to do with machine polishing as optional over the basics of a safe wash routine & a good looking end result.

If you want product recommendations for the above feel free to PM me, although everyone will probably come up with differing opinions/recommendations!

Edited by Chris_Focus
brain not functioning