New car - noises normal?

Can't see an answer to these questions.

1. Is the indicator ticker volume supposed to be so quiet?

2. On initial startup of the 1.4TSI (DSG) it sounds a bit rattly, almost like a diesel, is this normal?

Thanks

I'd go with yes and yes to answer those two questions... Only the first few seconds of the engine startup should sound rattly, but petrol and diesel engines are getting more and more alike in terms of compression ratios and fuel delivery these days, so they're starting to sound similar too (Though it's mostly diesels sounding more like petrol than the other way round :) ).

Thanks, mind at rest then.

The manual does mention noise on cold start, it's just it sounded odd for a petrol.

Shame I've got to go back to the dealer as the cigarette lighter socket was DOA.

Can you hear the engine rattle on start-up from inside the car or is it only noticable outside it ?

I have a 1.4TSI manual and I can't hear any rattle from inside but have not heard it being started whilst I've stood outside.

On previous cars I've had it's normal for there to be some noise from hydraulic tappets on start up until the oil is pumped to them but I don't know if this is the case for the 1.4 TSI.

On previous cars I've had it's normal for there to be some noise from hydraulic tappets on start up until the oil is pumped to them but I don't know if this is the case for the 1.4 TSI.

I expect the residual settings from a 'hot' finish need to readjust for a colder start, so there'll probably be an initial rattle. Mine sounds like a quiet sewing machine after a cold start. I've heard quieter but certainly nothing like a diesel.