Help: Passenger door won't unlock

Hi,

Can anyone help me with regards the above problem? This morning using the remote unlock key my vRS passenger door wouldn't unlock, got in the driver's side and reached across and although i pull the handle and the knob rises, when i let go of the lever the knob goes back down. With the knob up the door still won't open ;o(

Any clues, advice, any ideas how much this will cost to fix?

Any info grateful

Thanks

Guest westallc

mate the mechanism for the dead lock is fecked and its a pain in the arris to get fixed

takes an age to get panel off as you cant get to the screws and then you have to try and get the dead lock off can be a 1 hour job or an 8 hour job....:o new part is needed and is about £100 from skoda

i know this as my rear drivers door has done the same :mad::mad::mad:

Hi westallc,

Thanks for the info ;o)

On top of this problem i seem to also have the following:

When i remote unlock the car the interior light goes on and then after a second or two off again (isn't this supposed to stay on for a set period?) a second push of the unlock button gets the interior light to stay on longer.

If if disable the electric windows using the drivers door controls this doesn't seem to work, rear passengers can lowere/raise the windows using their controls even after i've disabled them.

Do i have one major "electrical" fault? or seperate problems?

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Good luck, it certainly sounds like the deadlock, which is a real bltch to do.

I sympathize as I had the same problem on a Jag and gave up after 4 hrs of getting nowhere. Had to undo bolts, manual said, but bolt shaft was hidden & only way to get at bolt heads was to open the door, for which I needed to remove screws............

At my local labour rates, it would have been cheaper to blow the door of its hinges and fit a new one.

Fine for building cheaply in factory, but not for removing from locked door (and the fixings could easily be redesigned to undo from the inside).

In the end, I got rid of the car without it fixed (long story).

All joking aside, if a replacement door isnt difficult to come by, would guys consider taking a jigsaw to the exterior of the door, selveging what you can from it then chucking it away? I only ask as it seems like a real ball ache. And surely finding a door from a breakers shouldn't be too hard dependant on colour.

As an aside, it's great to see so much help available from Skoda owners - the various linked threads look very useful here. When I had my Jag problem it was impossible to get help from the Jag web sites (or, indeed, the dealers who all refused to give advice unless I brought the car in and paid them to test it), so a big thumbs up to you all. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...