Will it fail an MOT?

yabbie

i had my pads and disks changed all round a few months back.

The brake service light has just come on and wont go off will this fail an mot ?

when i took it to mr clutch they told me i need a new brake master as the one i had was knackered so i had a new one fitted by them they then told me they couldnt clear the codes so had it wiped elsewhere after that my traction control came back on fault been a wheel speed sensor or something. now all of a sudden service light is staying on and mot is due sat :thumbdwn:

so just to recap brake service light on dash is staying on ! will this be an mot fail ?

Dont quote me, but i wouldn't have thought so as long as the brakes meet the required minimum force when placed on the rolling road. After all the lights on the dash are for indication/notification that somethings not right.

are you sure the light isn't on because the fluid level is a bit on the low side? You can't have eaten a set of front pads in a few months surely - unless you have a binding caliper and it is just wearing one pad....

well i got it moted on the weekend the brake service light is not a fail have good fluid in res i think its something tio do with the sensor cable just before it came on i did start to get this clicking sound from the area maybe i should have a look.. lol oh and the guy who did the test said the light isnt an mot fail

anyways it failed on a track rod arm and the suspension mounts or something had to much play and i still aint got my car back yet buggers couldnt get the parts on the day hopeful sometime today. i dont want to know how much the bill is either