Strange Fog Formation

Yella

First photography post so beware I'm a novice. :D

Driving home from work I spotted this cloud formation at Cayton Bay, Scarborough. So I pulled over and took a quick snap.

Photo866.jpg

What do you think for a first effort?

That's a cracking pic. could have done with a bit more sky and a little less land. Hope you don't mind I had a play with it.

Photo866a.jpg

Don't normally agree with retouching, but that's really brought out the foreground, and accentuates the fog - excellent :thumbup:

Cool piccie Yella! :)

...my favourite part of the world too - hope you nipped up the coast to Inghams at Filey for tea after? :D

Inghams for tea?

It was 7am and I'd just finished a 9 hour night shift in Scarborough. There was only one place I was going and that was home to bed!!

To be honest I go for lunch in Filey quite a bit as SWMBO was born there and while we moved down the coast to Brid her family still live there. Never been to Inghams though. Lavertons for a fry up, Clock Caffe and the Country Park Cafe are our usual haunts.

Out of interest what do you guys think (and be brutally honest) of the picture quality? I know it's difficult to tell on here but how does it compare to other snaps?

Nice capture :thumbup:

As for picture quality, it looks a little saturated and pixelated - especially around the dead centre, where the sun is. Has a bit of compact camera feel to it IMO. What were you using?

Steve

Nice capture :thumbup:

As for picture quality, it looks a little saturated and pixelated - especially around the dead centre, where the sun is. Has a bit of compact camera feel to it IMO. What were you using?

Steve

Oh ye of little faith

From

A disgruntled compact/bridge camera owner :P

I know. But I do seriously take your point about decent compacts/bridges. I got SWMBO the Lumix TZ3 and it's a fantastic bit of kit, love it to bits - great size, cracking photos, good reproduction, great lens quality and range....

Steve

Ahh, I see - SAMSUNG I8510 - not bad at all for a phone! :thumbup:

8MP it may be, but the lens optics will always give it away :D

Steve

:confused: Desperately trying to think where I posted this previously or where else it says this!!! :confused:

The other thing to remember is that it's a 1 year old Samsung i8510 and the lens cover has been knackered for 6 months so it gets repeatedly condensated up in my sweaty pockets at work!!

Camera phones are really coming along but when I upgrade next time I may sacrifice some mega pixels for the Carl Zeiss optics that Nokia use.

:confused: Desperately trying to think where I posted this previously or where else it says this!!! :confused:

The other thing to remember is that it's a 1 year old Samsung i8510 and the lens cover has been knackered for 6 months so it gets repeatedly condensated up in my sweaty pockets at work!!

Camera phones are really coming along but when I upgrade next time I may sacrifice some mega pixels for the Carl Zeiss optics that Nokia use.

If you right click the pic and go to properties, it tells you all about it.

Phones are getting better, but the lenses are too small to take a really good pic. The new sony is 14mp with a Zeiss lens on it.

Yeah, I just looked at the EXIF data for the photo - info like that gets stored with every photo you take on a digital camera or phone.

And while phone camera quality has come on leaps and bounds, you're still better off getting a dedicated camera and using that.

Steve