Tuning Box Questions?????

Hi

I have...... ;) Sorry my friend has a tuning box that they bought off Ebay to tide them over until a full remap is installed on their Vrs. My question... sorry, his question is:- Does the box effect the fuel computer at all, will it now give false readings, or is the fuel computer nothing to do with the bit the tuning box plugs into and still working perfectly? Also does a full remap affect the fuel computer in any way? Sorry about the sad questions but my friend is a bit of a Donkey :D

Thanks

Heath :thumbup:

?????????

Basically a tuning box interrupts the messages the ECU is sending to the injectors and tells it to use more, i.e the ECU tells the injectors to use 10ml of fuel, the Tuning box sees this and say: use 15ml of fuel. It will show up on the trip computer that you are doing less MPG but thats about it.

A remap basically rewrites the program in the ECU. This will affect most of the things in the engine that the ECU controls when it comes to fuelling / ignition.

Is it a full digital tuning box that your "friend" has or just the 150ohm resistor onto the fuel temp sensor in a box type.

I've heard the digital type give false readings but the cheap resistor mod doesn't?

The resistor type have a tendency to light up the engine management light after a while on later PD diesels.

Cheers

Lee

I've heard the digital type give false readings but the cheap resistor mod doesn't?

The resistor type have a tendency to light up the engine management light after a while on later PD diesels.

I have the cheap resistor one (made by Dragon). No issues with the engine management light on my PD100 so far (2k miles) :D

Chris

I have the cheap resistor one (made by Dragon). No issues with the engine management light on my PD100 so far (2k miles) :D

Chris

According to the guys over on the Seat board 03 cars and before don't have a problem but 04 cars are having problems.

Cheers

Lee