Picked up my new vRS but....

...there was a problem. :(

It looks like a bit of grit or something has been caught up in the mixture at the painting stage, as theres a raised spec on the passenger door near the wing mirror. :( Dealer was most apologetic, and said they would get onto Skoda immediatly to authorise the repair. He seemed to think they would respray most of the door to blend it in.

My problem is that do I really want paintwork done on a brand new car? Its red, and if it looks a different shade under a light or in a few months time i'll cry :rofl: There is also a small chip out of the mirror. I think i might get them to spray the mirror, but leave the door alone. What do you guys think?

Apart from that i'm loving it! :D

Chris

...there was a problem. :(

It looks like a bit of grit or something has been caught up in the mixture at the painting stage' date=' as theres a raised spec on the passenger door near the wing mirror. :( Dealer was most apologetic, and said they would get onto Skoda immediatly to authorise the repair. He seemed to think they would respray most of the door to blend it in.

My problem is that do I really want paintwork done on a brand new car? Its red, and if it looks a different shade under a light or in a few months time i'll cry :rofl: There is also a small chip out of the mirror. I think i might get them to spray the mirror, but leave the door alone. What do you guys think?

Apart from that i'm loving it! :D

Chris[/quote']

Mine has a small split in the paint on the rear bumper, but like you I'm worried they won't match the paint properly. The dealer wants to repair it but I'm not sure... Other than that and a warbling whine from the diff (?) it's an amazing car!!

i had my door resprayed after purchasing the Octy due to a paint line i found,the doort had been resprayed prior to ne picking it up(Brand new car).the paint was a different colour also.

after talks with Skoda Customer Service and my Dealer i had a new door fitted.

i'd be tempted to leave it as it'll never be as good as the factory finish,the mirror i'd get sprayed though.

only my personal opinion though before i get savaged!!!!!

Very incovenient too! after handing over all that money and now the time spent faffing to correct their bodge - at least ask for a tank of petrol for your trouble!! I think when you buy a new car everything as to be in perfect working order if they are asking for 'new car money'. dont take any ****. :thumbup:

Many new cars have minor transport damage fixed & the owners never know.

Personaly I would get it done while its free & explain to the dealer you want it done properly & if it looks different in a few years time you will be bringing it back ! With the water based paints they use these days & others will correct me if I am wrong I believe fading is not such a problem.

A good way to check for colour match is to park under one of those yellow street lights, they tend to exagerate any flaws