What Are The Various Dots

Octygone

With regards to bullying, its a tricky one that! We can indeed see who has given and received what and from whom, so if bullying was suspected we would know exactly who the culprits were. The other thing to take into account is members are restricted to giving 10 positive and 10 negative points in a 24 hour period, so no one could go on a rampage.

Some people have higher rep as it was carried over from the old rep system on vbulletin, which was before my time hence i have 1 rep.

With regards to bullying, its a tricky one that! We can indeed see who has given and received what and from whom, so if bullying was suspected we would know exactly who the culprits were. The other thing to take into account is members are restricted to giving 10 positive and 10 negative points in a 24 hour period, so no one could go on a rampage.

Some people have higher rep as it was carried over from the old rep system on vbulletin, which was before my time hence i have 1 rep.

That's good to hear!

Hmmm... remember the Military Coup thread? :rofl:

Yup, five dots, but look at my reputation emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Ah right - I started at 0, and I have no idea where the 16 have come from. I suspected I'd be heavily into the red by now :rofl:

With regards to bullying, its a tricky one that! We can indeed see who has given and received what and from whom, so if bullying was suspected we would know exactly who the culprits were.

Thats good to know, that will re-assure people that you can keep an eye on exactly what's going on!

The other thing to take into account is members are restricted to giving 10 positive and 10 negative points in a 24 hour period, so no one could go on a rampage.

That's good too, stops people just being silly with them.

So what is vbulletin then?

Thanks,

Ben

Edited by Conshine

Just spotted this thread and it looks like I've got an enemy already... I'm on -2 ...both having appeared over the last day after a query and an exchange about speed camera detectors :thumbdown: ... (go figure!)... ho hum ;)

Just spotted this thread and it looks like I've got an enemy already... I'm on -2 ...both having appeared over the last day after a query and an exchange about speed camera detectors :thumbdown: ... (go figure!)... ho hum ;)

What thread was that on then?

I disagree with the colours, "red" and "neutral" shouldn't be together!

I'm inclined to agree.

There should be a neutral colour for low scores in either direction , then a couple of green and red shades for slightly good/bad and very good/bad.

Having a bid red box for a score of -1 seems a little harsh

• Like 1

The one I started about Inforad K1 speed detectors... If I deserve it then fine just tell me...

Read it through... even if I myself might question the idea of deliberately planning for breaking speed limits I would say that this is a negative example of what the + and - buttons might lead to.

I might be illogical, but I don't mind a simple "I agree", or "Thanks" as a slap on the back. But if I disagree with someone I should either ignore him or speak out, not just hit a button and from hiding say "You're stupid".

• Like 1

Read it through... even if I myself might question the idea of deliberately planning for breaking speed limits I would say that this is a negative example of what the + and - buttons might lead to.

I might be illogical, but I don't mind a simple "I agree", or "Thanks" as a slap on the back. But if I disagree with someone I should either ignore him or speak out, not just hit a button and from hiding say "You're stupid".

I agree with you!

I've been flamed and outright abused for it before, but I will at least tell people why I think they're a funking idiot! :)

• Like 1

It's a software package to run a forum on.

Cool, thank you for the reply!

Anyway, any more than -10 and it should flash to warn others about the person and include a link to see if they are living in their neighborhood emoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Bit harsh?

Ben

Ah wow , its all fun this isn`t it?

Ta much

Thank you Amanada , I will give you a +

Sarah

Thank you Sarah. As it’s nearly Christmas I will give you one too. I know we shouldn’t as we were a bit naughty with the old Thanks button when it was first revealed, but at least this way you have a little more cushion in case any one even dared think about giving you a –ve click. Still bet nobody would though :)

• 2 weeks later...

Getting a bit worried asan elderly poster ,in case the dots mean I'm getting DOTTIER :giggle: