How much is this Superb worth...

i have found a car i want to buy and just wondered what you thought.

2003 53 1.8T manual comfort with heated seats front and rear. Anthracite grey. mint condition in and out except for one kerbed alloy (light scuffs).

Full service history from new with fully stamped book. new timing belt, water pump and full service last month. 73k mile. needs 4 new tryres but i have some available.

not a mark on it inside and out. 5.5 months tax. test till june. HPi clear.

Difficult to say without looking at others on the market, for a guide to see how values are going. Everything seems to be all over the place at the moment, with a lack of 2nd hand stock.

I'd say somewhere between 4000-4500. Is it a private or trade sale?

Steve

comfort trim - i did state this in my original posting but you must have missed it

"2003 53 1.8T manual comfort with heated seats front and rear"

private sale

i know what it "books" at but that is largely irrelevant as "market forces" and "what else is out there" always come into play.

just wonder what you thought thats all ! cheers

Well I've given my verdict!

What's it advertised at? That's what it comes down to really - what the seller can afford to sell it at and what you're prepared to pay :yes:

interesting views - thanks

I bought it yesterday for £3500 !!! collect it on friday. he has all receipts for cambelt, waterpump,service - all done a few weeks ago with parts from GSF and his local garage. taxed it a week ago. checked it out on HPI today and all fine. all i have to do is put 4 tyres on it which will not cost me anything as i have some 16" contis available with more than 50% of their life left.

he had it up at 3600 but woudl not budge less than 3500. he said he had other people intersted - i know you would say that but he basically said "3500 is the price if you want it - if not then no problem". and he does need to sell it. i think i got a fair price. will be able to tell more after i have owned it for a while !!

These are getting hard to price tbh, I was looking to change and had £3500 in mind as a px for it, when I looked on Parkers it came back with a £4k px price, at 1st glance I'd have said you gave about £1k too much Jon, but maybe not so now, shame you couldn't hold on another 5 mths I could've offered you a nice diesel auto for somewhere between 2 & 3 k.

These are getting hard to price tbh, I was looking to change and had £3500 in mind as a px for it, when I looked on Parkers it came back with a £4k px price, at 1st glance I'd have said you gave about £1k too much Jon, but maybe not so now, shame you couldn't hold on another 5 mths I could've offered you a nice diesel auto for somewhere between 2 & 3 k.

except diesel is, in the words of a curly haired motoring presenter, "the fuel of the devil"

i woudl have to be backed into a seriously large and scary corner to buy a diesel and a diesel auto really does not "float my boat". !!! no offence

the price guides vary a huge amount. parkers says i have overpaid but other say I have underpaid !!!

except diesel is, in the words of a curly haired motoring presenter, "the fuel of the devil"

i woudl have to be backed into a seriously large and scary corner to buy a diesel and a diesel auto really does not "float my boat". !!! no offence

the price guides vary a huge amount. parkers says i have overpaid but other say I have underpaid !!!

None taken, but it is the best of both worlds in it's own league.

How much did Parkers suggest?

To be fair, with the car market being as it is AND the odd residual values of Superbs, the car's value is what it's worth to you. Best thing to do right now is have a look around and see what else you'd get for the same money.

Although I see you've already bought it. For what it's worth I reckon £3500 is a good price.