Park Assist

Ray_Green

With Park Assist the Yeti requires a space of approximately 5m in length. The length of the car + 40cm at the front and rear.

The park assist intervenes in steering, not only when reversing but also whilst moving forward (improvement over Superb).

That's a quote from the manual. It is a truly brilliant bit of kit. The question is are, the other drivers as good getting out of their parking slot with only 40cm to spare :'(

Anyone else have any feedback?

Ray_Green ,

I can not answer your question but I would like to ask a related or ancillary question .

Dose the park assist only work for parking the car on the near side or does it also work for parking on the offside or drivers side of the car?

Both, you slow down to under 18 MPH, select Park Assist, use your indicator to signal to other road users, this also switches on the relevent sensor. The hey ho, and in you go. It is so much more than a gimick. I got it free on my Ex Demo, but im well pleased with it ;)

Edited by Ray_Green

Hi Ray_Green, I was wondering what distance the 'Park Assist' placed your vehicle next to the curb side. Can you feed back on how effective system deals with curbs? Have you had any close calls with your new alloy wheels? Hope not, but I'd be interested to know. Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

Hi Ray_Green, I was wondering what distance the 'Park Assist' placed your vehicle next to the curb side. Can you feed back on how effective system deals with curbs? Have you had any close calls with your new alloy wheels? Hope not, but I'd be interested to know. Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

The Monster lines it's self up between the two adjacent vehicles. If the adjacent vehicles have been packed on the kerb, the Yeti will too. So you need to take care of the Alloys! :wonder:

The Monster lines it's self up between the two adjacent vehicles. If the adjacent vehicles have been packed on the kerb, the Yeti will too. So you need to take care of the Alloys! :wonder:

Thanks for that. Ray_Grean

This is all out of the book

Park assist

Park assist is the ideal system when the driver needs to park quickly and accurately.

It reduces the stress the driver feels when being pressured to park and minimises the

number of bumps, scrapes and dents a car may pick up from parking in a tight space.

• The park assist system uses a set of ultrasonic sensors to find the right sized parking space.

• The Yeti requires a space of approximately 5m in length. The length of the car +40cm at the front and rear.

• The park assist intervenes in steering, not only when reversing but also whilst moving forward (improvement over Superb).

• To operate, press park assist button. Drive past spaces at up to 18mph and Yeti will search for a space on the passenger side (activating the indicator instructs Yeti to look for a space on the driver’s side).

• When a space is found, Maxi-dot displays an arrow reversing into the space with an ‘R’.

• Engage reverse. Remove hands from steering wheel. Driver controls speed and braking. Manoeuvre will be cancelled if steering wheel is touched.

• Rear parking sensors sound when the car is near the parked car. Maxi-dot instructs the driver to engage first gear. Drive forward and the system straightens the car.

• The driver is responsible for the manoeuvre at all times. The manoeuvre is cancelled if the steering wheel is touched or the speed exceeds 4 mph.

Hope this is of help;

Ray

Edited by Ray_Green

that is a cool bit of kit seen it on tv the other night, the only thing i would get freaked out not being in control of the car parking between 2 other cars

With the Belero Radio Head, you get a graphic display of the parking sensors (front and rear) and the rapid bleeping as you get closer to an object. You are in contol because if yo touch the steering, you get control back instantly. At the end of the day you are driving the vehicle, so its up to you to carry out all round observations when parking. I have been driving for 38 years and have driven all sorts of things including Tank Transported to Road rollers. If I may say, I have done a few miles. Park assist does a far better job than me. As yet, it has never needed more than one shunt to get into any slot.

I'm made up with it. ;)

What does freak people out, is when I know people are looking, I put my hands behind my head when parking........The look on their face is priceless! B)

Edited by Ray_Green

When I visit my mother she lives on a wide bend in the road and there are always cars on either side. I always line myself up with the nearest parked car and reverse in to park outside her house. Trouble is the kerb follows the curve of the road so the parking placer isn’t in line and I invariably end up touching the kerb with my wheel (grr!). Fortunately its tyre height not alloy wheel height!

I wondered how the park assist would cope in this situation with a curved parking place.

Cheers, Dave

When I visit my mother she lives on a wide bend in the road and there are always cars on either side. I always line myself up with the nearest parked car and reverse in to park outside her house. Trouble is the kerb follows the curve of the road so the parking placer isn’t in line and I invariably end up touching the kerb with my wheel (grr!). Fortunately its tyre height not alloy wheel height!

I wondered how the park assist would cope in this situation with a curved parking place.

Cheers, Dave

It lines itself up between vehicles. If the other cars are on the kerb, then the YETI will too.