Will they write it off?

mn1981

Well - I thought i'd give the garage who has the car a call.. the bill so far is £3,233 for repairs, but not quite finalised. Now garage closed until 4th of Jan before quote goes of to the insurance but they think the insurance might ask for a repair on it, which is cool.. :)

Looks like i have my uber-cool (?) corsa 1.2 hire car for a few more weeks then! :D

Thanks for all your thoughts, Merry Christmas all.

That's borderline , and it depends on how much they value the car it.

At £5k it's worth repairing but if they reckon it's not much more than £4k then it'll go.

That's borderline , and it depends on how much they value the car it.

At £5k it's worth repairing but if they reckon it's not much more than £4k then it'll go.

I told them £5k value as thats what I'd need to get equivalent if they pay out instead of repair (know I won't get £5k but its a target!)

However what car says:

Skoda Octavia Hatchback 1.8 20v vRS 5dr 2003 (53) 37,000 miles

Dealer £4,370

Private £3,935

Part exchange £3,865

Trade £3,595

Cost new £15,150

hmmmmm, will see what the new year brings!

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little update, after much chasing, stamping of feet, throwing toys around my room and the insurance company swearing blind they were meant to be quoting for repair on a Fabia (my old car which was also insured with them managed to find its way onto the claim in their system!)... they have decided the Octy is to be rebuilt and put back on the road! All good!

Thanks for all the input back in Dec, just got to get my lower back sorted out now B)

told you they'd go for it, in this current climate if they save £400 by not writing it off then thats good enough to repair it, the parts arent expensive, probably a 1/3 cheaper than the equivalent passat