poss new octavia owner

hi all im about to sell my impreza turbo and venture back on to the vag scene found a octavia vrs i like the look of and specs seem ok heres the piston heads link tell me what you guys think

thx in advance chris

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1340593.htm

any ideas people ? the car was up for £6k last night now been reduced to £5250 ???

Its had a lot of money spent on it. I prefer a more standard car personally, but if that's what you want go look at it. A mint standard car will set you back around £3k so £5250 ain't too bad. If I were buying it I would give it one hell of a check over before parting with cash.

any ideas people ? the car was up for £6k last night now been reduced to £5250 ???

That is a shed load of car mate. I have modded mine and that one is seriously modded and with very repitable VAG company that a lot of folks on here use.

If you want a modded car then perhaps that is one for you.

If not and you want a car with lighter mods or standard then it may be too much for you.

As you have come from a Subaru, as I did onto my VRS then the VRS in standard form was not enough for me, so it might be right down your street. Certainly the standard handling VRS will leave you feeling nervous coming form a 4 wheel drive motor so again this car will suit you better. I have had 3 Scoobys and with the VRS although a different kind of car after 3 years of ownership still very happy with it

The vf34 ihi turbo in that VRS is nice and is giving it lots of power

I would get rid of the flamer kit straight away.

Also you may want to consider the cost of putting back a interior in it as I noticed it stated stripped out.

You can buy a "Y" reg / 2001 module for under £2500. But you will b paying out a hell of a lot more to get it to that kind of performance.

I would certainly want to test drive it a few times prior to handing over cash and also look at the history of the car and maybe a AA check to be sure it has not been rapped around a lamp post

I would offer upwards of £4800 and see what happens

If I never had my one I would buy it.

hope this helps

Mark

to the ex-Scooby owners....why a VRS over a Scooby? Is it a financial thing?

I ask cos I fancy one,I'd only be doing about 4,000 miles a year,so the fuel cost doesn't put me off,the unwanted attention worries me though.

I'm thinking of an '03 to '05 wrx with PPP.....

The VRS on Piston heads....sounds wicked but 400bhp through the front wheels?

Edited by Jonathan_1.8T

to the ex-Scooby owners....why a VRS over a Scooby? Is it a financial thing?

I ask cos I fancy one,I'd only be doing about 4,000 miles a year,so the fuel cost doesn't put me off,the unwanted attention worries me though.

I'm thinking of an '03 to '05 wrx with PPP.....

The VRS on Piston heads....sounds wicked but 400bhp through the front wheels?

i had a 300+ bhp subaru and it was out off this world but sold it and got a vrs if u like comfort with speed and have kids :D would have a subaru one day again but to use at weekends u may find the 03-05 is more comfortable than my classic if u can live with lots off attention B) get one

i had a 20v turbo golf befor the subaru loved it to bits the subaru is a nice car just bored of it always like the style of the vrs so now im thinking why not ! the only concern i have with the vrs im looking at is it HASN'T been forged and is running cray high power for standard internals just and bit worried ill buy it and it will go bang!!!

I wouldn't buy it way too modded for my liking. Also it might of had a hard 112000 miles but the thing that i didn't like on this is where the intake is!! the cone is near the floor!!! due to the weather we have in the uk flooding etc its going to suck up water. but you could change it easily if you wanted.

I've seen the car you're looking at on Piston Heads previously and as you're obviously considering something with a bit of go, maybe you haven't come across this (mine) in the Briskoda "cars for sale"

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/141760-320bhp-yellow-peril-02-octavia-vrs-for-sale/

Outright power is less than the Piston Heads motor, but its the torque figure on mine that really does the job. As the posting indicates, the car does get tracked and at its last outing, it readily held a modified Impreza at bay to the amusement of the driver (also an Octy owner).

No questions over the owner and history with this motor, owned from new (registered 01 Mar 2002), Briskoda member since Nov 03. The only issues with the car are listed in the post..... (sorry to hijack your thread but maybe something to consider) :thumbup:

What you doing with the Impreza, sold already?

I've seen the car you're looking at on Piston Heads previously and as you're obviously considering something with a bit of go, maybe you haven't come across this (mine) in the Briskoda "cars for sale"

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/141760-320bhp-yellow-peril-02-octavia-vrs-for-sale/

Outright power is less than the Piston Heads motor, but its the torque figure on mine that really does the job. As the posting indicates, the car does get tracked and at its last outing, it readily held a modified Impreza at bay to the amusement of the driver (also an Octy owner).

No questions over the owner and history with this motor, owned from new (registered 01 Mar 2002), Briskoda member since Nov 03. The only issues with the car are listed in the post..... (sorry to hijack your thread but maybe something to consider) :thumbup:

What you doing with the Impreza, sold already?

ive just sen you one nice car but not after a yellow car lol ..ive still got the subaru http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1414549.htm not in a mega rush it will sell soon enough im just very dubious over the red vrs 400bhp on stock internals a few people have said recipe for disaster !!!!suppose wouldnt hurt to buy it and throw a set of pistons and rods and uprated bearings into what do you think ? and id be defo moving the air intake from font bumber had same on my golf nearly killed the thing in a flood !!!!

ive just sen you one nice car but not after a yellow car lol ..ive still got the subaru http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1414549.htm not in a mega rush it will sell soon enough im just very dubious over the red vrs 400bhp on stock internals a few people have said recipe for disaster !!!!suppose wouldnt hurt to buy it and throw a set of pistons and rods and uprated bearings into what do you think ? and id be defo moving the air intake from font bumber had same on my golf nearly killed the thing in a flood !!!!

Yellow is the best I think you will find :D

As for your suggestion above, stock bottom end is fairly bullet proof on these engines even at that sort of power, although with the mileage on it, a rebuild would be advisory while you've got the engine apart and stick in a new oil pump too. Its rods and pistons that you need to uprate and swap exhaust valves for something that can handle higher running temps, if this hasn't been done already. You'll want to check the gearbox and driveshaft CV joints too to see these aren't going to create unforeseen breakdowns.

Best of luck with whatever you go for!