Many Yeti's In Your Area

Ray_Green

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen any outside of the dealers around Cannock since I picked mine up but they claim to have sold 'several'.

...Over 600 registered by the end of 2009 according to the DVLA.

That's pretty good going, considering that Yeti wasn't launched until September and I doubt there was a large stock available to dealers on launch i.e. most of those sold to date have been factory orders, plus it has got to be classed as a 'niche' model and thus big sales are not expected.

27 Yeti's registered in denmark in 2009. A number of those may be dealer demo vehicles.

Only one 170 hp Diesel.

That's interesting info (for me). Is there any site to check? I'm from Romania and I have a 170hp. I know for sure there are (were) less than 10 because I needed special registration for new engine of the model - this is needed up to 10 of the kind are on the road.

But is there any other way to find the info - maybe through a site of Skoda or else?

Saw my first one today in a pub carpark near Macclesfield. It was Muscovado, but no idea what model it was as I only caught a quick glimpse as I drove past.

Looked impressive though, distinctive and larger than I remember.

Roll on 1st March when we get ours :)

Edited by jlwah

That's interesting info (for me). Is there any site to check? I'm from Romania and I have a 170hp. I know for sure there are (were) less than 10 because I needed special registration for new engine of the model - this is needed up to 10 of the kind are on the road.

But is there any other way to find the info - maybe through a site of Skoda or else?

Hello Alecdan,

I got the date from Danish registration statistics - so no information of other countries' numbers.

I know mine was the only 170 hp sold at the time I bought it, and probably still is - sounds like you are the only 170 hp owner in Romania. mine now has 4000 km on it and has been getting better and smoother and more powerful allthe time. Very happy with it.

There are 76 yetis registered in the Republic of Ireland. 75 of them registered in January. Only 2 petrol sold so far. Most popular colour is blue followed by silver, beige, grey, red, black, brown and only 1 white. (stats don't distinguish between shades of blue or shades of red).

The highest selling model in Ireland this year is the ford focus with 737 registered.

My link

Edited by aaaa

Hello Alecdan,

I got the date from Danish registration statistics - so no information of other countries' numbers.

I know mine was the only 170 hp sold at the time I bought it, and probably still is - sounds like you are the only 170 hp owner in Romania. mine now has 4000 km on it and has been getting better and smoother and more powerful allthe time. Very happy with it.

Hi Agerbundsen,

Thanks for that, after all it doesn't really matter but for statistics... I'm almost conviced that I am the only one with 170hp - or I was at the time. The dealer that I bought it from sold only another 110hp in the mean while, but there are a lot of people interested...

About mine - I just can't wait to feel it after the "run in". Can you remember (approx) after how many Km it started feel smooter/better? I am just under 1000km now and first thing I noticed is the consumption getting better (less). But I tend to take it with ease, never reved it more than 3000rpm.

... and by the way, I'm very happy with mine too!

Good luck and enjoy it!

Edited by alecdan

About mine - I just can't wait to feel it after the "run in". Can you remember (approx) after how many Km it started feel smoother/better? I am just under 1000km now and first thing I noticed is the consumption getting better (less). But I tend to take it with ease, never reved it more than 3000rpm.

... and by the way, I'm very happy with mine too!

Good luck and enjoy it!

I have the same TDI 170 in my Octavia and it will get better and better with mileage (sorry km); will really start to get smooth and 'loose' at 15,000km and more.

As to running in; the secret in my opinion is not the revs you use but the load you put on the engine. You should now start using more revs, 3,500 for the next 500km and then 4,000 for the next 500km but do not let the engine labour, use a lower gear than you might usually i.e. 3rd instead of 4th to let the engine spin. Also its good to use full throttle from time to time as well.

I have the same TDI 170 in my Octavia and it will get better and better with mileage (sorry km); will really start to get smooth and 'loose' at 15,000km and more.

As to running in; the secret in my opinion is not the revs you use but the load you put on the engine. You should now start using more revs, 3,500 for the next 500km and then 4,000 for the next 500km but do not let the engine labour, use a lower gear than you might usually i.e. 3rd instead of 4th to let the engine spin. Also its good to use full throttle from time to time as well.

Thanks a lot for the hints, bahnstormer vrs! This is useful to know!

Now, what about consumption (average)?

That's because I was a bit dissapointed when I saw the discrepancies between the official numbers and how much is in the real world. I've blame it on not being run in... My old car is a VW Golf 5 TDI 105 PD and I don't remember the consumption being so different at the time of running in compared to what is now (at 56000km+). But about the smoothness of the engine, yes, I could say it settled about @10,000Km or more. The thing is I got used so much to that one, that now when I drive the Yeti I expect it to behave instantly as agyle as the Golf.

But again - I'm happy with my Yeti! ...and it's a very optimistic feeling to know it will deliver even more!

Thanks a lot for the hints, bahnstormer vrs! This is useful to know!

But again - I'm happy with my Yeti! ...and it's a very optimistic feeling to know it will deliver even more!

I barely had any change; maybe only 1-2mpg between new/running in and now at 45,000 miles; probably accounted for by the fact that I'm driving it harder now than before and generally I don't worry about consumption, preferring to use available performance!

That's because I was a bit dissapointed when I saw the discrepancies between the official numbers and how much is in the real world. I've blame it on not being run in... My old car is a VW Golf 5 TDI 105 PD and I don't remember the consumption being so different at the time of running in compared to what is now (at 56000km+). But about the smoothness of the engine, yes, I could say it settled about @10,000Km or more. The thing is I got used so much to that one, that now when I drive the Yeti I expect it to behave instantly as agyle as the Golf.

I have about 4000 km on the clock, and with the way I drive, the Yeti now uses about 6,4 l/100 km as indicated on the display. In the same mix of driving my Octy 2.0 PD used about 5.8 on the display and about 6.0 l/100 km when checking actual litres at the pump.The Octy improved over about 10,000 km and I expect the Yeti to do the same.

The 2.0 170 CR engine acts very differently from the PD. There is much more power higher up in the rpm range - feels a little more like a petrol engine, but withot the hysteria of high revs. The PD had a very pronounced punch around the 2800 rpm, where the CR is much smoother, but continues well past 3500, where the PD gave up. On ordinary roads, 4th gear gets you well past legal limits with conviction - to some surprise of yur fellow travellers.

Note that maxmum speed is in 5th gear - 6th is a true overdrive.

15:40 Friday 29 January

A 484 Northbound, Cymduad, Carmarthenshire, Wales

White Skoda Yeti.

I saw this very attractive white Yeti, while I was driving towards Carmarthen, on the A 484,. Unfortunately, it was bound Northwards, in the opposite direction towards either Llandysul or Newcastle Emlyn . I only saw it fleetingly but it is the first white one that I have seen and very attractive and distinctive it looked too If I did not require a camouflaged appearance, I would most certainly consider this colour and save over £400.

Edited by Anthony 1

Saw a silver Yeti going the other way on the M42 near Redditch today. Made me shout "oh look there's a Yeti" but there was nobody else in the car so I just looked a bit odd.

:rofl:

When we get ours (also red) shrub......we should drive the Redditch to Bromsgrove dual carriageway together....like buses don't see any for ages then 2 come along at once! :D

Edited by octy888

emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

When we get ours (also red) shrub......we should drive the Redditch to Bromsgrove dual carriageway together....like buses don't see any for ages then 2 come along at once! emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

I look forward to the day when the Bromsgrove Highway becomes a popular stomping ground for the elusive Yeti

emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Edited by shrub