The Great 2010 Briskoda Diet Thread

Brimma

First weigh in for me, and 19st 10lbs, thats 6lbs off.

Picked up an exercise bike and a cross trainer at the weekend (SWMBO is detoxing too lol), so can start a bit of cardio now too :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 2 - huge, or moderately huge disappointment :'(

One measly fecking pound, and in the words of comedian Peter Kay - "I could **** a pound"

I blame it on taking our daughter out on in the week for her 16th birthday to one of those Chinese buffet restaurants where you feel you have to eat loads to get your money's worth :doh:

Next week can only get better

P1070835.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've lost a couple of pounds. I really need to up the exersize to shed those pounds though.

Will power - that's all there is to it - coupled with the risk of failing miserably in public :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Whats the crack with this now then Brim? You have gone all quiet on us.

Sorry - my camera battery went flat about 3 weeks ago and I haven't been able to find the charger :doh:

OK - so I've stagnated a bit of late - will post up when I've got something worthwhile to report :S

I've lost 7lb this week, so i've dug this thread out to boast about it! :thumbup:

Excellent - you've almost cracked the 20-stone barrier then :clap:

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Edited by Brimma

Sorry - my battery went flat about 3 weeks ago and I haven't been able to eh you know " perform " :'(

OK - so I've stagnated a lot- will post up when I've got something worthwhile to report :S

Sorry - my battery went flat about 3 weeks ago and I haven't been able to eh you know " perform " :'(

OK - so I've stagnated a lot- will post up when I've got something worthwhile to report :S

• 1 month later...

Well done!.. ive been well n truly beaten, as ive actually put weight on :(

hopefully i can have a better crack at it now with the longer days, suffering from SAD really screws up anything i try to do in winter

• 8 months later...

Year end update :doh:

Started the year at 15st 0.8lbs

Ended the year.........

.............15st 0.4lbs :S

Started well and got down below 14 by April, but gradually lost the plot :thumbdown:

Year end report.................must try harder :dull:

I have learnt over the years that diets do not work! ok you may loose weigth for a bit and feel better, but the body always craves to be back where it was, pounds pile on again and you end up slightly more than you started at as your new weight. This is the weight you hover around until you decide to loose weight again and then eventually end up heavier.

If only I had not gone on that first diet I might still be under 14 stone, now having losy probably 40 stone over the last 40 years have reached weights I am not prepared to admit to here. Suffice to say mt Yeti's seat is a little narrow for me!

I have learnt over the years that diets do not work! ok you may loose weigth for a bit and feel better, but the body always craves to be back where it was, pounds pile on again and you end up slightly more than you started at as your new weight. This is the weight you hover around until you decide to loose weight again and then eventually end up heavier.

I'm sorry, but I can't subscribe to that theory - if you genuinely want to lose weight, it's all about willpower, unless you've got a metabolic or medical condition which physically won't let you do it

My willpower was fine up until April 2010, then it gradually started to wain, but if I'd wanted it badly enough, I could have done better

Hopefully I'll be able to prove it when the 2011 challenge starts in earnest

Edited by Brimma

If you are like me and crave carbs and end up making all the wrong choices, aswell as snacking when not hungry, then I may have the answer for you!

I have discovered something rather amazing and it works!! I have nothing to do with the manufacturers, I have simply experienced it myself. Therefore I won't say what it is in this thread, but if you want details to try it for yourself, drop me a PM.

I tried to PM you but it tells me you cannot accept pms?