Water pooling behind driver seat.

Hi all, Happy new year to you all and i hope you had a good christmas. I have a problem with my Octavia that developed just before christmas. there is a large amount of water pooling in the rear footwell behind the driver's saet. anybody any idea what the problem might be or where it might be comming from. I do have a sunroof but there is no sign of water on the roof cloth. hope you guys can help. Thanks.

Common issue with all vag cars i had it on my cupra r its your ancillary carrier seal behind the door card you have to re-seal it with silicone sealant as the seal has broken down. Just undo the row of bolts around the carrier apart from the top ones pull the carrier away slightly de grease surface and run a line of sealant underneith and bolt carrier back down while its still wet and wipe away excess.

You can get the sealant from b&q i used the clear stuff it looks better.

I had the same problem about a year ago, and all I did was reseal the rubber seal around the front windscreen, where I discovered the leak was. The water travelled down along the inside of the car towards the back. A special glass bond kit bought in a car accessories shop.

Good luck.

Can be a leak through from the scuttle panel area, especially if the drains into the wheel arches are blocked with leaves. There is a grommet near to the pollen filter on the passenger side which can cause issues. On the drivers side, I guess it might be caused by where the loom passes through into the car or possibly the bonnet release cable.

As mentioned above, if the car has had any work done to the doors (new speakers, work for the electics for the window, etc), then the plastic membrane in the door might have been cut/unstuck from the bottom of the door. In order to check you need to remove the internal door trim and have a look. There are a number of torx screws around the side, pull the tweater unit off, remove the screws behind the gran handle and then you should be able to remove the door panel (it is all covered in Haynes, or do a search on here)

iirc, there should be some drainage holes in the bottom of the door too so check they are not blocked up as that certainly won't help matters.

hth.